Nissan Pathfinder Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello,

I am new to the forum and sure this subject has been treated many times. Still I would like to consult the expert minds on the matter. I have a pathfinder 2011 S and the plate attached to the body says that uses 16x7 rims.

I recently got 4 used rims in good conditions so in the future I can have a winter tire set and all season tire set that I can swap accordingly.

The issue here is the 2011 S uses 245/75R16 and the rims I got are good for 265/65R17.

The car currently has winter tires on and the all season tires won't fit the 265/65R17.

Questions are:

Should I continue to swapping winter and all seasons on the 245/75R16 until the winter tires are "finished" and then use the 265/65R17 rims with brand new winter tires? If I understood correctly the 17 in rims will be better used with winter tires.

I got the 265/65R17 because they were a really good deal and I did not want steel rims.

Maybe I answer my own questions above but It's good to check with the experts.

Thanks!

Lino

·
Super Moderator
2013 Pathfinder SL, Connecticut, USA
4,526 Posts
First of all, welcome to the forum, Lino. This site specializes in the newer Pathfinder platform, but your questions are generic enough that we should be able to provide you some advice here.

Secondly, you're confusing rim size (16x7) and tire size (245/75R16.) I'm pretty sure that the 17" rims will fit on your 2011 Pathy, but there are other considerations than just rim size when you're buying used rims. One is lug pattern. The R51 Pathfinder has a 6 x 114.3 pattern, meaning 6 lugs spaced 114.3 mm apart. Another is the factory offset (distance from the hub) is about 30 mm. The center hole is 66.1 mm. You'll have to find out what those specs are on the rims you want to use before you commit. A good deal is no deal at all if they wont fit properly. Here's a reference site for you: Nissan Pathfinder Bolt Pattern, Wheel Size and Specs (wheelssize.com)

Generally speaking, the 16-inch rims will be the better bet for the winter set because you want the narrowest and tallest tire you can safely use.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
First of all, welcome to the forum, Lino. This site specializes in the newer Pathfinder platform, but your questions are generic enough that we should be able to provide you some advice here.

Secondly, you're confusing rim size (16x7) and tire size (245/75R16.) I'm pretty sure that the 17" rims will fit on your 2011 Pathy, but there are other considerations than just rim size when you're buying used rims. One is lug pattern. The R51 Pathfinder has a 6 x 114.3 pattern, meaning 6 lugs spaced 114.3 mm apart. Another is the factory offset (distance from the hub) is about 30 mm. The center hole is 66.1 mm. You'll have to find out what those specs are on the rims you want to use before you commit. A good deal is no deal at all if they wont fit properly. Here's a reference site for you: Nissan Pathfinder Bolt Pattern, Wheel Size and Specs (wheelssize.com)

Generally speaking, the 16-inch rims will be the better bet for the winter set because you want the narrowest and tallest tire you can safely use.
Hi JayArras,

Thank you for your answer, I think the rims will fit right because they have the same bolt pattern geometry. The previous owner was using the rims with a 2014 Frontier.

I will do a bit more of research using your link above and other sources. I will also check the other dimensions you explained above.

Best Regards,

Lino

1 - 3 of 3 Posts