Nissan Pathfinder Forum banner
1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey everybody not sure if this is the right section but it can be moved if needed. I just bought a 2013 PF with the premium package. The question I have is where do I set the comfort settings like auto-on headlight sensitivity, the automatic steering wheel lift and seat recline upon turning off the vehicle. I know where it should be under settings then other... but I do not have a comfort and convenience option that should be there! Anyone know? Thanks.

·
Registered
38 Posts
Hey everybody not sure if this is the right section but it can be moved if needed. I just bought a 2013 PF with the premium package. The question I have is where do I set the comfort settings like auto-on headlight sensitivity, the automatic steering wheel lift and seat recline upon turning off the vehicle. I know where it should be under settings then other... but I do not have a comfort and convenience option that should be there! Anyone know? Thanks.
I was about to ask the exact same question. Picked mine up last week and finally had the chance to try and set everything up. Not only do I have an issue with the comfort settings not being available as shown in the manual, but I can't set up my Bluetooth phone book as well. Very disappointing. Also, I have an issue with the rear hatch not staying open. As soon as I gets to the top, it goes right back down, very dangerous as the safety sensors are not working and a child could be severely injured.

I look forward to hearing any comments from other owners.

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks for the reply. I am going to contact the dealer. I am wondering if this is a software glitch. As far as the Bluetooth phonebook I have been able to set it up with an IPhone 4. My blackberry has issues even connecting to the Bluetooth. I fault this on my phone and not the PF. I have not had an issue with the hatch staying up either. I have heard there is already an updated available for the ECU. I will have to check with the dealer when I go to service it.

·
Registered
38 Posts
I had no issues connecting my Droid Razr to the PF via Bluetooth . But when I tried to transfer my contacts, the setting options for the phone are missing just like the comfort settings.
I hope as well that it is a software update and not hardware related. I will keep you posted.

·
Registered
13 Posts
Hi all - quick question...does anyone have the rear sonar functionality on the PF?.

If so, is there a indicator on the instrument panel when their is an object crossing the path?

·
Premium Member
1,066 Posts
Hey everybody not sure if this is the right section but it can be moved if needed. I just bought a 2013 PF with the premium package.

Is it the Platinum or SL Premium?

The question I have is where do I set the comfort settings like auto-on headlight sensitivity
This is in the VID under Vehicle Settings (the screen between your tach and speedo, controlled with the steering wheel toggle).

, the automatic steering wheel lift and seat recline upon turning off the vehicle. I know where it should be under settings then other... but I do not have a comfort and convenience option that should be there! Anyone know? Thanks.
If it's the SL Premium, the steering wheel adjust is manual, not electronic. Electronic steering wheel adjust is part of the Platinum package. If you have a Platinum model, there should be a control stick on the steering column, bottom-left (as per the Owner's Manual).

·
Premium Member
1,066 Posts
I was about to ask the exact same question. Picked mine up last week and finally had the chance to try and set everything up. Not only do I have an issue with the comfort settings not being available as shown in the manual, but I can't set up my Bluetooth phone book as well. Very disappointing. Also, I have an issue with the rear hatch not staying open. As soon as I gets to the top, it goes right back down, very dangerous as the safety sensors are not working and a child could be severely injured.

I look forward to hearing any comments from other owners.
I don't have a problem with the auto open/close of the hatch, though your manual details how to adjust the stop level. The hatch should not be dangerous - it should back off if it encounters any kind of resistance.

As to your phone, contacts seem to sync fine with my iPhone. I don't have any advice to offer with Android - except that when I had an Android phone running 2.1, Bluetooth functionality with speakerphones/car integration was really immature. It got better with Froyo (2.2), but was still flakey. You might want to check to see if there are any software updates to your phone.

·
Premium Member
1,066 Posts
Hi all - quick question...does anyone have the rear sonar functionality on the PF?.
Yes.

If so, is there a indicator on the instrument panel when their is an object crossing the path?
The VID will show that the sonar is active and should glow to show obstructions - you should also get an audible alert (rapid beeps).

·
Premium Member
1,066 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,066 Posts
cos54:

Evidently there is a Technical Service Bulletin (TSB) on adjusting the power hatch.

Unfortunately, Nissan's documentation site requires a subscription to view the full content. Here's the synopsis:

Subject: SB 2013 Pathfinder; Power Back Door Calibration
Summary of NTB12110: SERVICE INFORMATION The control motors for the power rear hatch (back door) are calibrated for smooth and even operation. Adjustments or position change of the back door hinges or striker require the back door to be re-calibrated. See this bulletin for further detail.

I can tell you that my hatch functions without issue, consistently every time. So, what you're seeing is not characteristic of the vehicle. I'd be willing to bet it just needs to be re-calibrated. The manual has an adjustment section on page 3-27... specifically:

LIFTGATE POSITION SETTING
The liftgate can be set to open to a specific height by performing the following:
1. Open the liftgate using the request switch or the Intelligent Key.
2. Pull the liftgate down to the desired position and hold the liftgate (the liftgate will have some resistance when being manually ad- justed).
3. While holding the liftgate in position, press and hold the liftgate switch located on the liftgate for approximately 5 seconds or until 3 beeps are heard.
The liftgate will open to the selected position setting. To change the position of the liftgate, repeat steps 1-3 for setting the position of the liftgate.

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Is it the Platinum or SL Premium?

This is in the VID under Vehicle Settings (the screen between your tach and speedo, controlled with the steering wheel toggle).

If it's the SL Premium, the steering wheel adjust is manual, not electronic. Electronic steering wheel adjust is part of the Platinum package. If you have a Platinum model, there should be a control stick on the steering column, bottom-left (as per the Owner's Manual).
Thanks for the response. I have no idea what I was thinking when I wrote this I meant Platinum. I know about the control stick. The question I have is the missing Comfort option under Settings > Others. This is on page 4-27 in the manual. I have downloaded the manual but when you try to find this "Comfort" setting it does not exist anywhere. This is where you adjust your light sensitivty, lift steering wheel on exit, light off delay and etc. I do notice in the manual that there is a difference in where some of the settings are located and named between the Non-navigation and the navigation system. I was curious if anyone else with the Platinum package has this missing as well.

·
Registered
1,206 Posts
Have you ever tried calling Nissan to ask? They might not be much help but it's worth a shot. Might take a few calls and transfers before you get to the right guy.

·
Premium Member
1,066 Posts
Thanks for the response. I have no idea what I was thinking when I wrote this I meant Platinum. I know about the control stick. The question I have is the missing Comfort option under Settings > Others. This is on page 4-27 in the manual. I have downloaded the manual but when you try to find this "Comfort" setting it does not exist anywhere. This is where you adjust your light sensitivty, lift steering wheel on exit, light off delay and etc. I do notice in the manual that there is a difference in where some of the settings are located and named between the Non-navigation and the navigation system. I was curious if anyone else with the Platinum package has this missing as well.
Interesting, OK. Unfortunately, I don't have a Platinum model, so I can't test to see where the hang up is. On my SL Premium, the settings are in the VID. The specific process to access them is to go to scroll to the settings screen (icon that looks like a "gear"), click the settings and scroll down with the toggle until I get to "Vehicle Settings". From there, I can adjust the Light Sensitivity - and I'm assuming this is what you do not see. On the Platinum, I wonder if they move these settings into the center console display?

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
That is weird because I do not have a Vehicle Settings. I did check in the center console display but not as in depth as I did in the VID so I will double check that again. I am going to call Nissan today to see if I am just missing something. I will update everyone if I get some useful information.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Interesting, OK. Unfortunately, I don't have a Platinum model, so I can't test to see where the hang up is. On my SL Premium, the settings are in the VID. The specific process to access them is to go to scroll to the settings screen (icon that looks like a "gear"), click the settings and scroll down with the toggle until I get to "Vehicle Settings". From there, I can adjust the Light Sensitivity - and I'm assuming this is what you do not see. On the Platinum, I wonder if they move these settings into the center console display?
I have a platinum premium and the comfort settings are not present in the center console in mine too like the manual says. I have changed all the above settings using VID.

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
Thanks bvk84 after reading the manual again I see that these settings are in the VID as well. Not sure why the manual says you can change these in the center console as well. I meant to say earlier that I checked the center console display in depth but not the VID so I will check the VID when I get home and see if its there. If this is true it does not make sense to me that you would have to change these settings with the VID and not the center console...

·
Registered
9 Posts
Thanks bvk84 after reading the manual again I see that these settings are in the VID as well. Not sure why the manual says you can change these in the center console as well. I meant to say earlier that I checked the center console display in depth but not the VID so I will check the VID when I get home and see if its there. If this is true it does not make sense to me that you would have to change these settings with the VID and not the center console...
I was perplexed too when I was looking for the settings the first time. I am guessing this is a software shortcoming which I will be pointing out when I take the car in for the first service.

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
You were right the settings are in the VID. Thanks! It’s hard for me to get used to the PF and learn everything since this is my wife’s car so I do not get to drive it very often.

·
Registered
112 Posts
I was perplexed too when I was looking for the settings the first time. I am guessing this is a software shortcoming which I will be pointing out when I take the car in for the first service.
If you have the time, I think contacting Nissan USA about it might do more in getting something done about it.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Yes.

The VID will show that the sonar is active and should glow to show obstructions - you should also get an audible alert (rapid beeps).

My VID always has the OFF sign at bottom of screen. Does this mean that it is off or that I can turn it off?

1 - 20 of 21 Posts