Nissan Pathfinder Forum banner
1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I see several people having issues with the passenger airbag light/sensor/whatever not working as it should. Staying on when a heavier person is in the passenger seat, going off when nothing is in the seat, etc.

When that happens, do you also get the red flashing airbag light in the center of the tachometer? Mine has been doing that for about a week (owned the car three weeks - 500 miles on it). At first if you turned the car off and back on it would work normally, but now it malfunctions every time.

Have an appointment with the dealer in a couple days to "fix" it, but I'm wondering if that's going to take care of it.

·
Registered
1,206 Posts
I don't get this. My passenger airbag light is the one that goes on and off sometimes. Let us know what the dealership finds out. Whenever airbag or SRS lights are going off it's always kind of scary.

·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Yeah, the one below the radio goes in and off, always accompanied by the flashing red light on the speedo. Seems to happen more often when using remote start but I'm not sure if the two are related.

·
Registered
56 Posts
mine (pass air bag light - yellow) was going on and off also, dealer did a zero reset on it and it seems fine now....operating as it should...light goes off after 6-8 seconds if someone is in the passenger seat.

·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Took it in this morning. They said they had never heard of this issue and had to call Nissan. They ended up ordering parts, and it will take a week or so to get here.

So I'm heading on a 16 hour trip next week without a functioning passenger airbag...

·
Registered
1,259 Posts
Took it in this morning. They said they had never heard of this issue and had to call Nissan. They ended up ordering parts, and it will take a week or so to get here.

So I'm heading on a 16 hour trip next week without a functioning passenger airbag...
I'm surprised they let you out on the road like that. That is a safety issue, something I think would warrant a loaner car or rental paid for by Nissan.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Back from Dealer

Seems to be fixed - here's the lingo from the service report:

Scanned code - B1018 P/S Sensor Fail

Zeroed out seat sensor a rechecked

Working as designed

Seems OK on the ride home. Will keep you informed

·
Premium Member
1,066 Posts
Something tells me a number of these dealers aren't doing the PDI (Pre-delivery inspection) correctly or thoroughly. "Zeroing out" or resetting a sensor, shouldn't fix a mechanical issue - sounds to me like they just didn't calibrate it from the get-go.

·
Registered
47 Posts
Mine was zeroed out twice. Still having issues. I can be driving to work with nothing on the passenger seat and the light randomly comes on as though something not heavy enough is in the seat to turn it on. Needless to say I'm frustrated. I new seat has been ordered but parts are on back order. I don't feel safe taking any passengers in the car. Hopefully they get the parts ASAP.

·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
I'm surprised they let you out on the road like that. That is a safety issue, something I think would warrant a loaner car or rental paid for by Nissan.
I agree. The dealership was very adamant about them not providing loaners. Made me sign a paper when I bought the car saying that they didn't provide them. But, it's the only Nissan dealership within a couple hours of here...

Seems to be fixed - here's the lingo from the service report:

Scanned code - B1018 P/S Sensor Fail

Zeroed out seat sensor a rechecked

Working as designed

Seems OK on the ride home. Will keep you informed
That's what they did with mine. The next morning the problem was back.

I have an appointment tomorrow morning because, according to the service manager, Nissan wants him to "check some more things" before repairing anything.

·
Registered
120 Posts
Just picked up my 2013 pathfinder and have the same issue.
The airbag light under my nav is on when my wife is seated in her seat. I will need to bring it back to the dealer.

·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
The dealer replaced the sensor in the passenger seat that detects weight in the seat this morning. It seems to have fixed the problem.

·
Registered
3 Posts
glad to see I'm not the only one having passenger airbag issues.
Only the yellow light that shows if bag is on or off lights up. No red lights. Already brought pathfinder into service.
Invoice says they performed OCP sensor seat relcassificatin, completed OK, system functioning properly at this time.

Well the next day had my son in front seat - he's 85 lbs. light was off (airbag was on) - drove 3 miles - light went on (airbag off) - drove 15 minutes - light off. And I made sure he didn't move or wiggle around.
Same kind of test and results with my daughter 105 lbs.

I don't feel safe at all with anyone in front passenger seat. Not even me when my husband drives.

Bringing car back Monday.:eek:

·
Registered
1,206 Posts
Mine was zeroed out twice. Still having issues. I can be driving to work with nothing on the passenger seat and the light randomly comes on as though something not heavy enough is in the seat to turn it on. Needless to say I'm frustrated. I new seat has been ordered but parts are on back order. I don't feel safe taking any passengers in the car. Hopefully they get the parts ASAP.
Did you get a date on when the seat would come in? I'm interested to see if a new seat fixes this problem if zeroing doesnt work.

·
Registered
10 Posts
I had this issue to and my dad was riding shotgun and asked why my new car had the airbag light on when he is 210 lbs. I will have to let the wife know to get it checked.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Does anyone know what the weight for the passengar to detect the light being on or off? My daughter is 80 lbs and the light is sometimes on and sometimes of. That is a problem, but I wanted to know if she is one the edge of the weight restrictions or there is a real problem as mentioned above.

·
Registered
120 Posts
I just came back from the dealer and they addressed the issue. I told them about the issue and they already had a few people prior to me which had this same issue. (passenger airbag light is on when my wife is sitting there)

The dealer told me that they had to reset and reprogram the computer that takes care of that part. And now, the light is not on any more when my wife is in the front seat. I will test it out with a box later to see if it turns on. But having the light off is a peace of mind.

1 - 20 of 21 Posts