Nissan Pathfinder Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi, I just picked up my 2022 SL Pathfinder with all the bell and whistles. I was shocked that when I went to set up the radio that there is no HD option for the FM stations. With having the upgraded system and speakers this was quite shocking. My old car was a Mazda CX-9 and both my 2015 and my 2018 versions had the HD radio with he upgraded speakers, it sounded great. Anyone have any info why the documentation for the pathfinders saw that the HD should be there but mine does not?

·
Registered
364 Posts
It may be that HD radio is fading out. I had a car radio in the 80s or 90s that had AM stereo. I think that is dead now.
OR
It could be in the settings. I know my 2017 has a setting for HD radio yes or no. It was set to yes and I've kept it that way since I got it so I don't know if I set it to NO, the HD radio it would go away on the radio screen but it's worth a check.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
It may be that HD radio is fading out. I had a car radio in the 80s or 90s that had AM stereo. I think that is dead now.
OR
It could be in the settings. I know my 2017 has a setting for HD radio yes or no. It was set to yes and I've kept it that way since I got it so I don't know if I set it to NO, the HD radio it would go away on the radio screen but it's worth a check.
Thanks for your ideas, the issue is that there is not even a setting for HD to turn it on or off. Just nonexistent.

·
Registered
2022 Gun Metallic SL
10 Posts
Hi, I just picked up my 2022 SL Pathfinder with all the bell and whistles. I was shocked that when I went to set up the radio that there is no HD option for the FM stations. With having the upgraded system and speakers this was quite shocking. My old car was a Mazda CX-9 and both my 2015 and my 2018 versions had the HD radio with he upgraded speakers, it sounded great. Anyone have any info why the documentation for the pathfinders saw that the HD should be there but mine does not?
I had the same observation with my 2022 SL with standard audio and speakers. Having that feature in my traded in 2019 Murano I was surprised to find it missing with no way to enable. I first thought it might be a “premium” audio feature, but you laid that to rest.

There’s a lot of HD programming in the St. Louis market so it would have been used. Another disappointing omission from Nissan for this vehicle.

·
Registered
8 Posts
I have a 2019 Pathfinder SL. And in order to get the HD signal, you have to be signed up with one of the Sirius XM radio subscriptions. Not sure if that is the case for 2022 as well but ymmv

1 - 6 of 6 Posts