Nissan Pathfinder Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Kinda feel like I'm making this thread for no reason ... lol

Anyway, I wanted to buy a 2013 Ford Explorer and it did not happen during the employee pricing event. So it is off the radar. Then I saw the 2013 Nissan Pathfinder. Looks okay, but really sad it lost the rugged and masculine look and got some girly look.

Here is a list of things I don't like in this car:
  • Style, looks more like a Lexus RX from front, Toyota Highlander from side and rear looks familiar too, but do not remember which vehicle.
  • Stupid packaging system, you will NOT get navigation unless you want to buy a Platinum. And if you want sunroof, you have to spend 3K and it some with some other stuff you really don't need.
  • No blinkers (Altima got'em) - not even on Platinum.
  • No LED tails (most newer cars comes with'em) - not even on Platinum.
  • No HIDs - not even on Platinum.
  • No cool features like lane assist, blind spot warning, etc (Altim got'em) - not even on Platinum.
  • No other tech gadgets (The Explorer Limited we looked at had enough gadgets).

However there are few features I like in this car:
  • CVT (I current have a 2008 Altima and love the CVT).
  • 2nd row sliding seats, no hump between 1st row and 2nd row seats behind the centre console.
  • Fuel economy (based on the posted numbers on Nissan.ca).
  • Driver selectable 2x2, 4x4 & 4x4-i modes.

I do have a Nissan currently and our family is a Nissan family too. But I really think Nissan should've throw in some stuff to to Platinum version. Eitherway, we may end up buying Platinum :)

I'm discussing with dealers about pricing these days.

·
Registered
28 Posts
Ford is getting pretty good, in the past I would never buy one but now, maybe. I would wait for some comparisons before making a final decision.

·
Registered
1,206 Posts
Nissan reserves all those cool features for Infiniti. The car is reliable. The V6 in the pathfinder will last you a long time and even though it doesn't have all those features its still a car that will last you a long time. I do agree that the lack of xenon headlamps and things like LED tail lights is strange since they switched to a more family friendly design. The halogen reflectors on the new pathfinder are outdated.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
rhpf - yea, Fords are far better than the previous builds they had. But you know what, they still got quality issues, owners complain about fit and finish issues (not too worries, cux i see some minor fit and finish issues with my 08'Altima). But there are major things like failing Steering system (Ford is not even acknowledging that they have this issue, but loads of people are experiencing). And they have some sort of issue with exhaust fumes leaking into cabin. And some other QA issues, this was one of the reason we even delayed our decision.

cfrp - so true, they are keeping those features. but those luxury features not comes in new 13'Altima but not in Pathfinder. Maybe because there is no competing car in Ininfty line but there is JX for Pathfinder. But they could've totally gone with HID + Projectors, LED tails and blinkers. No so luxury, but cool features buyers looking for these days (especially on a 45K+ car).

I agree with you, these are reliable cars. They will last. I actually bought mine to run till it dies, but we need a bigger vehicle and no need for a second one. Time to let'er go, sad.

Anyway, you know another plus side, with Platinum you get 2x2/4x4 selector & Trailer package. With Explorer this was a 3500+ feature. Also the fuel economy is great over Explorer.

·
Registered
1,206 Posts
I would never get a 2WD Pathfinder. The 4WD comes in very handy in bad weather conditions.

I'd go with the Pathfinder. It will likely hold its value better over the Explorer as well. I plan to retrofit some projector HIDs into the 2013 Pathfinder. I don't think it's matter of luxury but a matter of safety. I don't find the halogen bulbs and reflectors to be that effective in lighting up the road at night.

·
Registered
31 Posts
Kinda feel like I'm making this thread for no reason ... lol

Anyway, I wanted to buy a 2013 Ford Explorer and it did not happen during the employee pricing event. So it is off the radar. Then I saw the 2013 Nissan Pathfinder. Looks okay, but really sad it lost the rugged and masculine look and got some girly look.

Here is a list of things I don't like in this car:
  • Style, looks more like a Lexus RX from front, Toyota Highlander from side and rear looks familiar too, but do not remember which vehicle.
  • Stupid packaging system, you will NOT get navigation unless you want to buy a Platinum. And if you want sunroof, you have to spend 3K and it some with some other stuff you really don't need.
  • No blinkers (Altima got'em) - not even on Platinum.
  • No LED tails (most newer cars comes with'em) - not even on Platinum.
  • No HIDs - not even on Platinum.
  • No cool features like lane assist, blind spot warning, etc (Altim got'em) - not even on Platinum.
  • No other tech gadgets (The Explorer Limited we looked at had enough gadgets).

However there are few features I like in this car:
  • CVT (I current have a 2008 Altima and love the CVT).
  • 2nd row sliding seats, no hump between 1st row and 2nd row seats behind the centre console.
  • Fuel economy (based on the posted numbers on Nissan.ca).
  • Driver selectable 2x2, 4x4 & 4x4-i modes.

I do have a Nissan currently and our family is a Nissan family too. But I really think Nissan should've throw in some stuff to to Platinum version. Eitherway, we may end up buying Platinum :)

I'm discussing with dealers about pricing these days.

Looking at the stuff you don't like, it's a bunch of stuff I think is almost important. I'm starting to think maybe, just MAYBE Nissan is leaving room for updates as this generation pathfinder ages. It's very possible in future production years we can see LED's, HID's, and some others being adding.

Very realistic upgrades too.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts