Nissan Pathfinder Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Has anyone been able to modify the recorded memory position for the outside mirror when in reverse?

Section 3-36 of the owners manual describes a procedure to modify the stored positions of the outside mirrors (tilt and direction) used for backing up. This new position is supposed to be used the next time you put the transmission into reverse.

When I shift the vehicle out of park and into reverse as stated in the procedure the set buttons used to update the memory locations are disabled. So how could you set the memory position while in reverse as requested by the procedure?

Am i missing something? or is this a flaw of some sort? Please help if you have any info. Thanks

·
Registered
2 Posts
You just need to leave the selector switch for the mirrors in the left or right position. If you have it in the middle spot then the mirrors will not tilt when you back up

·
Registered
7 Posts
I just tried to play with this tonight, and couldn't get the mirrors to move at all... We test drove sl and it worked on both mirrors, we bought an sl from another dealership, and it doesn't seem to work at all....

·
Registered
7 Posts
So, update. Went to Home Depot today, still couldn't adjust the mirrors at all, no movement at all. Then later tonight, accidentally set off panic alarm, got in the vehicle, suddenly I could move the mirrors again, also they both moved down when I went into reverse. Didn't notice until I got home, but seems the seat moving back on exit wasn't working earlier either... Not sure why, didn't change anyone. On a side note, twice now I have noticed that the driver heated seat doesn't work until like 5 min of driving, then the light comes on and it starts heating up. Taking to the dealer tomorrow. Hopefully they can shed some light.

·
Registered
234 Posts
So, update. Went to Home Depot today, still couldn't adjust the mirrors at all, no movement at all. Then later tonight, accidentally set off panic alarm, got in the vehicle, suddenly I could move the mirrors again, also they both moved down when I went into reverse. Didn't notice until I got home, but seems the seat moving back on exit wasn't working earlier either... Not sure why, didn't change anyone. On a side note, twice now I have noticed that the driver heated seat doesn't work until like 5 min of driving, then the light comes on and it starts heating up. Taking to the dealer tomorrow. Hopefully they can shed some light.
Hi - I had an an issue where my seats, entry/exit movements, mirrors, etc. all stopped working. It turned out the Body Control Module that controls many of the drivers side electronics was bad. I am not the only one to experience this. It sounds to me like you have the same issue.

The exact fix was:
RD94AA REPLACE BODY CONTROL/IVMS MODULE
RD941A COMBINATION: BCM RECONFIGURATION
Part Number: 284B13JA1D

·
Registered
194 Posts
Has anyone been able to modify the recorded memory position for the outside mirror when in reverse?

Section 3-36 of the owners manual describes a procedure to modify the stored positions of the outside mirrors (tilt and direction) used for backing up. This new position is supposed to be used the next time you put the transmission into reverse.

When I shift the vehicle out of park and into reverse as stated in the procedure the set buttons used to update the memory locations are disabled. So how could you set the memory position while in reverse as requested by the procedure?

Am i missing something? or is this a flaw of some sort? Please help if you have any info. Thanks
I had the exact same experience. I still don't know how to get it to work right. I think the mirrors should tilt down more and in toward the car, but I can't get it to store me preference.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts