Nissan Pathfinder Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
215 Posts
Picked up a brand new driver side headlight for a good price so I started this project last night.
Looks good, I just purchased two headlights yesterday and plan on working on my own by Friday. What projector did you install to the reflector? Do you have any pics of the install and modifications to the reflector housing? Thanks

·
Registered
112 Posts
what a baller, how much did everything end up costing you, mind doing a pricing break down? I would also like to see a DIY with images if you did one, if not, can you give us details on the retrofit? Also how soon can we see it installed with pic's of it's cut off?

·
Registered
58 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I finished the driver side last night. I only bought one headlight to test it out so I will try to take the passenger side out this weekend and finish everything. I used Morimoto Mini D2S projectors. A few test pictures below.

Cutoff: from my kitchen table

Projector: no glare

Halogen/Reflector: glare

·
Registered
215 Posts
Hey guys, from where did you purchase your headlights?
I found a pair on eBay for 149.99 each, which was a great deal for brand new headlights where some are selling for 300-400 each headlight. There are some on there for much cheaper but have some damage or missing mounting points. You can pick up some at a dealership for around 325-350 each. I'm not planning on doing my official install until July or so, but I'd be interested in selling my stock ones once I've got my new ones installed.

·
Registered
26 Posts
I still dont understand how nissan didnt put projectors in these vehicles but have them on the altimas?

·
Registered
215 Posts
Alright, I've got everything listed to purchas as myngives the money blessing including projectors, ballast, bulbs, and electrical adapter for bixenon low/high. I've now decided to go with installing a led strip, but I am still undecided about where to place it. If you look at the drivers side headlight as above I'm thinking of either starting in the bottom left corner and taking it over the top of the headlight OR starting in the bottom left and going along the bottom and following the lower curve up to the top right corner. What do you all think?

So more like this?
Audi Gives You a Look Into Its Lights | In-Car Tech

OR this?
http://www.automotive-control.co.uk/wp-content/uploads/2013/02/Audi-R8-led-running-lights.jpg

·
Registered
1,206 Posts
Projector looks like it belongs in there.

Cutoff is awesome.

Did you buy an OEM headlight?

baller

1 - 9 of 9 Posts