Nissan Pathfinder Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am consdering purchasing a new Pathfinder. I noticed that the fuel recommended by Nissan is premium. I am interested to see how many people are actually using premium. And, I am wondering how much difference it makes in the MPG if you use regular fuel.

I am also considering the Toyota Highlander and the Honda Pilot both of which recommends regular fuel. Thanks in advance for your help.

·
Registered
42 Posts
Correct - They run on regular.

I tested the Pilot and the Highlander too right before I purchased the Pathfinder. The Honda was very, very noisy - That was even the touring model. I also did not like the steering at all - It didn't center well and felt very numb. It also didn't have the looks of the other two as it was very boxie. The Highlander was a close second. I could have easily picked one up instead of the Pathfinder but I did like some of the nice features of the Nissan.

FWIW

Mike

·
Registered
34 Posts
I considered the Pilot and Highlander as well before buying my Pathfinder. The Highlander had virtually no room in the back seats, so that was out. The Pilot just felt bog and boxy out on the road. Felt like driving a van or a box truck.

And I've never seen mention that the Pathfinder requires premium fuel. I've heard the Murano does, but not the Pathfinder.

·
Registered
234 Posts
The recommended fuel is regular, not premium. I have tried both however and have seen no difference in gas mileage. I have the 4x4 platinum and I also see very little difference in driving in 2wd and Auto 4x4. 20 around the city and 26/27 on the highway pretty consistently.

·
Premium Member
1,066 Posts
I considered the Pilot and Highlander as well before buying my Pathfinder. The Highlander had virtually no room in the back seats, so that was out. The Pilot just felt bog and boxy out on the road. Felt like driving a van or a box truck.
Having owned a 2010 Pilot, that's pretty much exactly my assessment of it. And the boxy look doesn't do it any favors in terms of mileage - even with the cylinder cutoff. It's a pig.

·
Registered
1,206 Posts
I like the new RX350s actually. Nice upgrade. Still expensive though.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Fuel Quantity

Someone mentioned earlier that they are getting 20 mpg in the city and 26 on the hwy. I was just wondering how he came to that conclusion. Because according to that high speed fuel monitoring system the most I get is 17.1. I live in NYC so im not expecting no where near 26 even though most of my driving is at night and on the hwy.

·
Premium Member
1,066 Posts
Someone mentioned earlier that they are getting 20 mpg in the city and 26 on the hwy. I was just wondering how he came to that conclusion. Because according to that high speed fuel monitoring system the most I get is 17.1. I live in NYC so im not expecting no where near 26 even though most of my driving is at night and on the hwy.
You're probably never going to be in the mid range of the EPA estimates, just based on your locale, but you will likely get into the 20's once your vehicle is broken in. Give it time.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts