Nissan Pathfinder Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
The first step in my PF's liftgate raise process is a loud "pop". Is that a normal behavior for this model? It's probably the latch releasing, but the sound is always a tiny bit disconcerting. Had to ask.

·
Registered
81 Posts
A previous poster posted something about this and he said he found his rear door was actually coming in contact with the roof. You may want to see if you are having the same problem. He said it was messing up the paint on the roof as well.

·
Registered
1,259 Posts
A previous poster posted something about this and he said he found his rear door was actually coming in contact with the roof. You may want to see if you are having the same problem. He said it was messing up the paint on the roof as well.
Yup, I can confirm seeing that thread as well. It's something you'll want to bring up at the dealership if you go to them about it. The sooner the better cause if it's digging into the paint deep enough to expose metal....rust may start.

·
Registered
234 Posts
My intermittent pop has been getting worse and today i took a close look and can confirm that the door is scraping the roof. There are scratch marks to prove it so at least the dealer won't be able to debate it.

·
Registered
234 Posts
Took my car to dealer today. Confirmed the problem. There is a technical bulletin on it. They replace and realign the pins that hold the "spoiler" onto the back of the door. The spoiler is actually that top plate, not a "pop up" spoiler like I was thinking when they said that.

Subject: SB 2013 Pathfinder; Noise Due to Rear Spoiler Contacting Roof When Opening/C
Summary of NTB13010:
IF YOU CONFIRM: * The leading edge of the Rear Spoiler contacts the trailing edge of the roof when the back door is opened or closed. * Scuff marks are present on the trailing edge of the roof. ACTION: * Remove the Rear Spoiler and add threefoam spacers to the underside of the spoiler leading edge to provide additional clearance to the trailing edge of the roof when the back door is opened. > Refer to the SERVICE PROCEDURE to remove the Rear spoiler and install foam spacers. Pleasesee this bulletin for further details.

·
Registered
1,259 Posts
Took my car to dealer today. Confirmed the problem. There is a technical bulletin on it. They replace and realign the pins that hold the "spoiler" onto the back of the door. The spoiler is actually that top plate, not a "pop up" spoiler like I was thinking when they said that.

Subject: SB 2013 Pathfinder; Noise Due to Rear Spoiler Contacting Roof When Opening/C
Summary of NTB13010:
IF YOU CONFIRM: * The leading edge of the Rear Spoiler contacts the trailing edge of the roof when the back door is opened or closed. * Scuff marks are present on the trailing edge of the roof. ACTION: * Remove the Rear Spoiler and add threefoam spacers to the underside of the spoiler leading edge to provide additional clearance to the trailing edge of the roof when the back door is opened. > Refer to the SERVICE PROCEDURE to remove the Rear spoiler and install foam spacers. Pleasesee this bulletin for further details.
Awesome! How long did the fix take? Seems like something they could do in an hour or so.

Which Nissan dealership do you go to?

·
Registered
234 Posts
Awesome! How long did the fix take? Seems like something they could do in an hour or so.

Which Nissan dealership do you go to?
Unfortunately, they didn't have the replacement parts so they are going to do it Friday. They are going to do the passenger seat airbag sensor repair at that time as well. They told me they could have the car all day and they are giving me a rental.

I'm in Atlanta - Regal Nissan.

·
Registered
198 Posts
Unfortunately, they didn't have the replacement parts so they are going to do it Friday. They are going to do the passenger seat airbag sensor repair at that time as well. They told me they could have the car all day and they are giving me a rental.

Hope they'll also fix the scuff marks on the paint?

·
Registered
1,259 Posts

That sucks, I guess it's a bit too early for them to have stock of 2013 pathfinder parts like sensors in stock. Keep us posted on how everything goes. Make sure you get yourself a nice rental from their lot :D

·
Registered
18 Posts
I am having this done today I dropped the PF off at 7:30 AM they called at 11:30 that the repairs are done and buffed the marks off the opening. PS they had to order th parts from Nissan.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
So i was obviously wrong about the latch. Nissan dealership had to order the parts. The techs were annoyed that Nissan communicated the fix as an 0.5 hr repair when it took a couple hours in reality. Gotta thank the forum contributors for helping me figure out what the popping issue was all about.

·
Registered
1,259 Posts
So i was obviously wrong about the latch. Nissan dealership had to order the parts. The techs were annoyed that Nissan communicated the fix as an 0.5 hr repair when it took a couple hours in reality. Gotta thank the forum contributors for helping me figure out what the popping issue was all about.
i use to work in a shop and know how pissed tech's would get when they have to basically work for free, so i hope they were paid for that 2 hours it took them, if not, i know sometimes they can do poor quality work.

how is it working now?

1 - 12 of 12 Posts