Nissan Pathfinder Forum banner

21 - 24 of 24 Posts

·
Super Moderator
2013 Pathfinder SL, Connecticut, USA
4,253 Posts
Awesome vehicle! Good luck with it. When I was looking, the only Benz SUV's that had that kind of towing capacity were diesels.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #22
Awesome vehicle! Good luck with it. When I was looking, the only Benz SUV's that had that kind of towing capacity were diesels.
I would have preferred GLE 300d too. Unfortunately very few used units are available unless you buy new one.
Better mileage and reliability.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Just FYI, I had a great experience buying a 2018 PF last year from a distance. I had done a lot of looking around here in Kansas City and just couldn't find a good deal here. I ended up getting an SL with the additional package that included towing, sunroof, larger tires, etc. I went back and forth with the Subaru dealer and had everything in writing down to the penny. I got a cheap flight to Denver, the dealership picked me up and drove me to Colorado Springs. I went over the car, which was a one-owner vehicle, had only been in service for 6 months and had less than 5,000 miles on it. I did a test drive, took care of all the paperwork and started the drive back to Kansas City. There were absolutely no surprises, but then again, this was a major Subaru dealership in the area. It might've been different if it was an individual lot. So far, I haven't towed anything with my PF. We're still using hubby's Nissan to tow our Casita trailer and haven't yet bought a slightly bigger trailer. What can I say, family stuff got in the way. So, I still need to install a brake controller and test out all the wiring. But, just wanted to let you know that buying long distance can actually work out well. I was able to fly out, buy the PF and be back home just before midnight. It was a good, long drive to be able check out a lot of different things.

Good luck with your travels.
Ericka

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #24
Just FYI, I had a great experience buying a 2018 PF last year from a distance. I had done a lot of looking around here in Kansas City and just couldn't find a good deal here. I ended up getting an SL with the additional package that included towing, sunroof, larger tires, etc. I went back and forth with the Subaru dealer and had everything in writing down to the penny. I got a cheap flight to Denver, the dealership picked me up and drove me to Colorado Springs. I went over the car, which was a one-owner vehicle, had only been in service for 6 months and had less than 5,000 miles on it. I did a test drive, took care of all the paperwork and started the drive back to Kansas City. There were absolutely no surprises, but then again, this was a major Subaru dealership in the area. It might've been different if it was an individual lot. So far, I haven't towed anything with my PF. We're still using hubby's Nissan to tow our Casita trailer and haven't yet bought a slightly bigger trailer. What can I say, family stuff got in the way. So, I still need to install a brake controller and test out all the wiring. But, just wanted to let you know that buying long distance can actually work out well. I was able to fly out, buy the PF and be back home just before midnight. It was a good, long drive to be able check out a lot of different things.

Good luck with your travels.
Ericka
Yes I could have done remote car purchase for new one but as you said Kansas City or Minneapolis area did not have good PF deals. I had 4-5 hour radius where trailer is to find car but nothing jumped out. My biggest problem was getting hitch installed so quickly (which some dealers could have done), and making sure electric break controller would work.
With my actual plan I have a right car that can tow, it has the factory hitch and I was able to test that break controller works (Not with the trailer yet, just other functions). Only negative about 1400 miles of extra driving :) I got my son to join the trip and help with driving!

21 - 24 of 24 Posts