Nissan Pathfinder Forum banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
44 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Post what part number torque converter they installed on your pathy, and let us know if it worked, my SL is getting it done today I asked to see the new part and it was the latest design ending with the letter D...

·
Registered
151 Posts
Had mine done when they first released "the fix", it was the "C" part. Drove great for 1500 mi then went to crap from there. Getting a new tranny now that's supposedly the newest design of CVT like whats going into the '14's w/ the latest torque conv. design.

·
Registered
44 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Please post your part so we can know , this is how forum work we help each other

·
Registered
44 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Had mine done when they first released "the fix", it was the "C" part. Drove great for 1500 mi then went to crap from there. Getting a new tranny now that's supposedly the newest design of CVT like whats going into the '14's w/ the latest torque conv. design.
Thank you for the info ugadawg, I hope the new one that ends with D works for me , again thanks for sharing

·
Registered
33 Posts
I had the part ending in "D". So far so good. It drives great and I even saw 27 mpg after a trip up to Chicago. Of course its mostly highway driving and I don't have a lead foot so speed limit all the way there and back. This was my calculated average but the indicator was pretty close.

·
Registered
151 Posts
If you've had it replaced it should list it on the invoice the dealer gave you after the repair. It started out as 31100-3WX0A and I got 31100-3WX0C (which didn't work), now 31100-3WX0D is the newest design.

·
Registered
44 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
so , i will pick up mine tomorrow, i can't wait to have my baby back, i will let you guys know how it works, wish me luck!!!!

·
Registered
151 Posts
Good luck with yours. I get mine back today as well after being with the dealer for 2 weeks. Hopefully a new tranny fixes mine, it's the last resort.

·
Registered
44 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Good luck with yours. I get mine back today as well after being with the dealer for 2 weeks. Hopefully a new tranny fixes mine, it's the last resort.
On my way now, good luck to you

·
Registered
1,206 Posts
if it works post up your part numbers. even if it doesnt work post up your part numbers/

·
Registered
44 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Ok, I picked up my path today and it works great, I got the one with "D" at the end and 50 miles so far an all feels way different I hope it stays like this , I will report every next 100 miles.

·
Registered
113 Posts
31100-3WX0D is the one I had installed as well.. worked good for a/b 600 miles... was told yesterday that now the transmission has been "compromised" and requires replacement.. sits in the shop waiting on new trans to show up... hopefully this fixes it.. have had the tcm reprogrammed 3 times as well. once for the replacement and they did twice while there this time.. no luck..

·
Registered
70 Posts
My replacement torque converter is part no. 31100-3wx0d and it worked for 700 miles and then I had a rash of shudders. Had the service rep ride with me and it wouldn't replicate. Two days later I had 6 shudders in 7 stoplights. FRUSTRATING! I've also had some metal on metal growling and slippage on quick takeoffs entering highways. But can it be replicated? No.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts