Nissan Pathfinder Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
2018 R52 series II ST-L
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi, I'm new here so please be gentle. :)

I've just bought a 2018 Pathfinder and have noticed that the RHS camera seems to be misaligned by 5-10 degrees. I upgraded from an X-Trail and never had this problem, and it's a bit awkward when reversing into parking spots, etc.

Is it possible to recalibrate the camera myself, or do I need to take it to a Nissan dealer?

Thanks!

·
Super Moderator
2015 Pathfinder SL - Tech 4WD
2,412 Posts
Welcome to the forum !

Mine were also misaligned when purchased new. Dealer aligned them under warranty.
It is a lengthy and complex process, I read it in the service manual, so the dealer might be reluctant to do it. The dealer that fixed mine had never done one before.

You can read about it here.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Wasn't there some sort of recall several months ago that involved something to do with the backup camera system? I seem to recall taking my 2018 with a 360 camera system in for something that may or may never have been a problem. Sorry, but I don't recall much more than that and I'm not seeing a notice on my computer anywhere.

·
Registered
2018 R52 series II ST-L
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Here's a pic showing the misalignment.

·
Super Moderator
2,412 Posts
That was exactly my issue.
It will be much more noticeable if you take a pic in which the rear camera also "sees" the yellow lines.

·
Super Moderator
2,412 Posts
That confirms your issue is the same I had. Take it to the dealer. Mine was fixed under warranty.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts