Nissan Pathfinder Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
186 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
From the day I drove off the lot there was a rather loud persistent wind noise on driver side that was not heard on passenger side or other PF test driven from dealer lot. First attempt at fix involved reinstalling all new door seals on driver door but barely made a dent. On second visit the Service Manager went on a test drive with me and immediately told me after just 2 minutes of driving that the side mirror was the culprit. Apparently it was out of alignment and well beyond factory tolerances in terms of build and connection point. A new side Mirror was ordered and installed which immediately fixed the issue and now the car is whisper quiet at highway speeds. I am so glad this was fixed because the level of quietness while driving in the interior is one of the biggest draws for me about this car.

Anyway just wanted to share in case any of you are having same issue. Happy Trails

·
Registered
1,259 Posts
Thanks for sharing this info as im sure there could be many more new pathfinder owners experiencing it, maybe it was a installation flaw at the manufacturing plant? and a bunch of Pathfinders are affected? hmm

Good to see your happy with your PF!
What were you driving before?

·
Premium Member
249 Posts
thanks for letting us know, this should be pinned or stickied so if anyone has this issue they can later on refer to this before panicking. I can't believe a simple side mirror out of alignment can cause that much wind noise.

·
Registered
23 Posts
I have this issue on my passenger side! I will contact my dealer about this and post if I have the same issue. Thanks for the info.

·
Registered
1,206 Posts
Interesting. This is good to keep in mind for those who experience excessive wind noise.

·
Registered
186 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Happy to see my post is already helping owners out there. I too was surprised that a side mirror was the root cause but when you think about aerodynamics it makes perfect sense. I am not sure how to pin this post or if a moderator needs to do so but certainly a good idea.

NissanGuy I used to drive a 2007 Equinox LS prior to buying PF. Cant conplain since it serve me well but my family is really loving everything about the car. Only issue is my kids now insist on watching videos all the time but hey they stay quiet and are entertained. Thank goodness for headsets! I can only take Cars Movie so much! Lol

·
Registered
2 Posts
I just took possession of my '13 Pathfinder yesterday and have noticed something similar... in my case, it's a really high pitched squealing sound coming from the passenger side that is heard when driving at higher speeds, ie: on a highway. I'm really really hoping that this is the same problem (and fix) as the OP as the sound is driving me NUTS.

Thank you for posting - I will be bringing my Pathfinder back to the dealer in hopes of getting this fixed asap!

·
Registered
186 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
I just took possession of my '13 Pathfinder yesterday and have noticed something similar... in my case, it's a really high pitched squealing sound coming from the passenger side that is heard when driving at higher speeds, ie: on a highway. I'm really really hoping that this is the same problem (and fix) as the OP as the sound is driving me NUTS.

Thank you for posting - I will be bringing my Pathfinder back to the dealer in hopes of getting this fixed asap!
An easy way to tell is to fold your mirror on the passenger side all the way in and then drive at the speed where you hear the loud noise. the noise would either get worse or much better depending how bad your mirror is out of alignment and change will be quite obvious.

·
Registered
1 Posts
Wind noise

I bought a 2016 Nissan Sentra in May. In July I was traveling and heard the noise for the first time, only happened over 75mph and when the wind hit a certain angle. I took the car in to one dealership and they "could not verify the noise so could not do anything about it". I took it to the dealership where I bought the car and they did verify it. Said it was the windshield. They ordered it and replaced it. Drove car home and made the noise. Just so happened the Nissan engineer was coming the following Monday to dealership. It ended up being the weather stripping on the door. Not sure why no one DEMANDS for it to be fixed. I sent an email to Nissan North America (not a very nice one either) that this is unexceptionable! We are paying for a new car and this should not be tolerated by anyone. Keep returning until the issue is fixed. The engineer did say there is a bulletin out on it now so take your cars to the dealership immediately

1 - 9 of 9 Posts