Nissan Pathfinder Forum banner

Payload capacity

9K views 3 replies 2 participants last post by  marcan 
#1 ·
Hi everyone !

I'm a proud new owner of a used 2013 Pathfinder SL and so far, I'm really pleased with it.
I discovered this site and I've read lots of posts on this forum. It's been really helpful.
Thanks for sharing your knowledge!

I have a question regarding the payload capacity.
I'm confused with all the numbers and I would like to confirm the vehicle capacity.

For your information, I live in Canada, so there may be some difference with US certification label.
With that said, here's my story.

The curb weight of my pathfinder is 4371 lbs (1987kg) (as stated on my car registration certificate)
Last friday, I went on a scale and it gave me that; vehicle + fuel tank full + myself = 4466 lbs (2030 kg)

The GVWR stated on certification label is (see attached picture): 5913 lbs (2682kg)

So..If my math is correct, the payload capacity is GVWR - curb weight (5913 - 4371) = 1542 lbs
another math could be, once I'm in the vehicle with fuel tank full; GVWR - weight on scale (5913 - 4466) = 1447 lbs

Is that correct? This is the payload capacity? Can I add 1447 lbs of luggage and passengers?

If so..here's my wildcard. There's a tire and loading information placard near the driver door that says (see attached picture):
The combined weight of occupants and cargo should never exceed 521 kg or 1149 lbs.

I don't understand the 1149 lbs number. Is that my payload capacity? If so, what's the calculation behind this number.
It doesn't add up with my GVWR and actual scale weight.

Your comments and help would be much appreciated.
Thanks!

Marc

Attachments

See less See more
#3 ·
Marc, the tire and loading information placard on my 2013 SL is exactly the same as yours, right down to the French.

As to your other questions, I don't understand the weight ratings enough to give you an intelligent answer, but I'm sure someone will chime in.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.