Nissan Pathfinder Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello,
I wasen't sure where to post this as the forums say for 2013+ and I do not have a new one. I recently traded my 1999 Acura Integra for a 2001 Pathfinder LE. My Teggy had 120k miles and the pathfinder had 103k miles. KBB suggests that the pathy is worth around 2k more than the Integra. I couldn't turn the deal down, as it ran great.

Four days after I drove it started shaking real bad on the interstate, I was going about 55. The past 4 days I have driven on the Turnpike at 80 mph everyday with no problems. Ever since then it drives really rough with a rough idle. Yes, I have done my research and found out that it is most likely a coil problem. The previous owner told me he changed #2 and #5 coils. I hooked up a code reader and it gave me the P1320 and 0300, which 0300 is a misfire. I've seen alot of posts that say to change all 6 coils with new OEM coils and it SHOULD fix the problem.

But, the guy that traded me must have been having issues with coils or maybe he just recently had issues and wanted to trade it but my question is, could it be a bad computer? What about the distributor? I really don't want to spend the $$$ on a good diagnostics, so if I can eliminate some options, it would be helpful. Thanks in advance.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Sounds like you reached the 120,000 mile 2001 Pathy "time to replace all 4 oxygen sensors, then get to replace all 6 coils" stage. Sorry. Sounds familiar. That's where I headed and have seen a lot of similar posts on this board. I also had an odd misfire caused by a bad plug wire that looked good from the outside, but wiggling the wire caused the problem to come and go.

The good news is with the new wire, 4 new 02 sensors, and 6 new coils, my 2001 Pathy is running great.

Bob
May have found my answer.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts