Nissan Pathfinder Forum banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,066 Posts
Might have been the other way around... the Enclave has been around for quite a while and though it just went through a mid-cycle refresh, exterior styling hasn't changed that much.

If Nissan did copy the styling, at least they don't include a free pack of Depends with purchase.

·
Registered
440 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Might have been the other way around... the Enclave has been around for quite a while and though it just went through a mid-cycle refresh, exterior styling hasn't changed that much.

If Nissan did copy the styling, at least they don't include a free pack of Depends with purchase.
No, but despite its other drawbacks, it does have dual exhausts.:(

The only reason I posted these photos is because I do a double take when I see an Enclave from more than 50 feet away, assuming it is a Pathfinder (which by the way, I have not really seen that many Pathfinders on the roads in the last 4 months, perhaps that is just my area).

·
Registered
212 Posts
IMHO I think the Enclave is quite a nice vehicle inside and out.
Contemporary styling and not a part of the Depends crowd, as has been alluded to.
My brother purchased one 2 months ago and I got a chance to check it out closely.
I agree there are some styling similarities between the Enclave and Pathfinder and do wish that Nissan had included dual exhausts on the 2013 Pathfinder.

·
Registered
440 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
IMHO I think the Enclave is quite a nice vehicle inside and out.
Contemporary styling and not a part of the Depends crowd, as has been alluded to.
My brother purchased one 2 months ago and I got a chance to check it out closely.
I agree there are some styling similarities between the Enclave and Pathfinder and do wish that Nissan had included dual exhausts on the 2013 Pathfinder.
Want to see a really ugly Buick? Check out the Encore. I think I read it is based on the Chevy Spark.

·
Registered
113 Posts
Lewist57 you are correct the Encores are ugly.. a lil 1.4 turbo. my mother was thinking a/b purchasing one. Glad she didn't it was like a cracker jack box on wheels inside not very roomy, and everything was "cheap" looking.

we debated on buying a GMC Acadia prior to our PF purchase, but loved the style and appearance of the PF...

By the way nice looking ride you have!

·
Registered
440 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Lewist57 you are correct the Encores are ugly.. a lil 1.4 turbo. my mother was thinking a/b purchasing one. Glad she didn't it was like a cracker jack box on wheels inside not very roomy, and everything was "cheap" looking.

we debated on buying a GMC Acadia prior to our PF purchase, but loved the style and appearance of the PF...

By the way nice looking ride you have!
Wife's vehicle, I just make the payments.

·
Registered
1,206 Posts
maybe the shape. but the headlights and tail lights on the enclave are not that great.

·
Registered
175 Posts
Its pretty crazy how similar these two vehicles look to one another. Buick is supposed to be a quasi-luxury brand so I think that it part of the reason that the interior is better in the Enclave. So the two cars may be the same on the outside, but they are quite different on the inside.

·
Registered
1,259 Posts
Both interiors are very nice. I just don't like the exterior on the Enclave, it's too outdated and old. The Pathfinder is fresh and ahead of it's time. I'll give Buick credit for coming up with a great color and trim layout on the Enclave.

·
Premium Member
1,066 Posts
I actually sat in one today... though it looks ok in the pics, in person the interior is very low-rent, comprised of typical GM materials. By comparison, the PF is a luxury car.

If GM could just stop buying their plastics from Rubbermaid, I might think differently. ;)

·
Registered
262 Posts
yea was just going to say the Enclave just looks like GM gave thier trademark black plastic dash a coat of tan rattle can paint..

·
Registered
175 Posts
I'm surprised by that because like I said before, Buick is a quasi-luxury brand. Where exactly is all this ugly plastic in the interior? The picture looks like it is mostly leather and faux-wood.

·
Registered
1,206 Posts
I actually sat in one today... though it looks ok in the pics, in person the interior is very low-rent, comprised of typical GM materials. By comparison, the PF is a luxury car.

If GM could just stop buying their plastics from Rubbermaid, I might think differently. ;)
hehehe.. its one of those where it looks nice in photos but when you see it in person its not that nice.

the pathfinder is the other way around.

in photos it looks decent but when you see it in person you are surprised on the quality of the interior. especially if you've owned previous pathfinders,

·
Registered
51 Posts
I just traded in a 2010 Enclave for a 2014 PF. Too many problems with the Buick.
It did offer a very nice cushy ride (when it worked:D)

Now I am hoping that my PF will behave a little better.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts