Nissan Pathfinder Forum banner
1 - 20 of 22 Posts

· Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So, I noticed on the 22 SL Pathfinder I have step lamps, or what I have always called puddle lights. They are only on the front passenger and drivers door. The rear doors do not have them but they do have spots for them. The 23 Rock Creek doesn't have them at all.

I decided to pull out one from the 22 and just make sure they fit before I started to hunt online to purchase them. They fit perfectly and I am sure I can find a line from the door jamb switch to tie into. I hunted some online and could not come up with as part number for the 22 or 23 model. The only part number I found was 26420-1NZ0A which is for the 2021 Pathfinder. Looks to be the same light, I will find out in a few days when it arrives.

Here are some pics of the rear door with it being test fitted.

Attachments

· Registered
2022 SL AWD Build Date Mar 2022
462 Posts
I am curious about the rear door puddle lamp project too.
Interestingly enough, my 2001 Tahoe LS (I bought it new), has puddle lamps located in the base of the front side view mirrors (left and right). That was my first introduction to puddle lamps. They are terrific, when I press the key fob to unlock, the lamps come up and light the area beautifully before one is even near the car. That is (in my head), what a puddle lamp is all about.
These lamps inside the door panels (front left and right), are only useful when one is exiting the car. They do nothing for the approach to the car at night. But, I do like them!
@DRK-PTHFNDR - did you have a chance to look for the wiring inside the rear doors this past weekend?

· Registered
2022 Nissan Pathfinder (SL) FWD (04/22)
494 Posts
I am curious about the rear door puddle lamp project too.
Interestingly enough, my 2001 Tahoe LS (I bought it new), has puddle lamps located in the base of the front side view mirrors (left and right). That was my first introduction to puddle lamps. They are terrific, when I press the key fob to unlock, the lamps come up and light the area beautifully before one is even near the car. That is (in my head), what a puddle lamp is all about.
These lamps inside the door panels (front left and right), are only useful when one is exiting the car. They do nothing for the approach to the car at night. But, I do like them!
@DRK-PTHFNDR - did you have a chance to look for the wiring inside the rear doors this past weekend?
Sorry, didn't get a chance, but still plan to take a look and report back. :geek:

· Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
ApexRunner, you are correct. i pulled the door card off of the 2023 and the inner rubber lining also. The connector was no where to be found.

I took the door card off of the 2022 and I think I found what wires to tap into. I just need to find the connector that plugs into the courtesy light. No luck so far. If all else fails I could use some small butt connectors to connect to the courtesy light.

Here are the pictures of the light and the 2 wires powering it.
Hood Automotive tire Automotive exterior Wood Automotive design

Gas Cable Gadget Electrical wiring Wire

Human leg Automotive tire Household cleaning supply Wood Wire

· Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Since it was almost 90F today I decided to knock out one of the doors. The project was pretty easy. Took about 40 minutes. Started with some wiring I had laying around. Figured that the light wouldn't draw too much wattage so only used a small gauge wire.
Blue Textile Wood Electrical wiring Electric blue

Took the door panel off and then took the interior lower trim off where the accessory harness connects to. I then took off the wiring harness between the doors to run the wiring through.
Leg Automotive tire Hood Knee-high boot Fender

found a section in the plug that wasn't being used to run the wire through.
Hood Finger Electronic instrument Electrical wiring Engineering

Finger Automotive tire Electrical wiring Cable Bicycle part

This is probably the hardest part. I used some .95 weed wacker line to route it through.
Hood Vehicle Automotive tire Electrical wiring Fender

Had to pull the speaker to pull the wire through
Hood Automotive tire Automotive exterior Automotive design Gas

Zip tied it to some of the cable, and ran out close to where the light would be.Put the car back together and pulled the wires out.
Vehicle Hood Wood Bumper Vehicle door

I used some small spade connectors to attach the light. I will probably pull the light out and solder the connection. I was going to do it when I installed them, but in order to solder I had to remove some of the connector area, so I decided to wait until I do the other doors. All in all super easy. Hardest part was running the wire through the door harness.
Car Motor vehicle Vehicle Automotive lighting Hood

· Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
Accessory Service Connector OEM T99F6-4RA0A. I have found them online for usually around $14. 2 of them makes the job easier but you could get away with 1, if you really like running wire everywhere. Definitely get 2. You can always use them for wiring up other accessories in the future.

· Registered
4 Posts
Accessory Service Connector OEM T99F6-4RA0A. I have found them online for usually around $14. 2 of them makes the job easier but you could get away with 1, if you really like running wire everywhere. Definitely get 2. You can always use them for wiring up other accessories in the future.
My last question what did you use to plug to the puddle lamp assy itself ? Can you buy the 2 wire connector plug to the step or did you solder it?

· Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 · (Edited)
I ended up soldering it. I hunted all over for a connector that would fit with no luck. I also made the mistake of ordering some knock off lights on EBay. They were not a good fit.

I just opened up the plug area to expose the connectors and soldered them to the connectors. I then used some heat shrink on it.

Here are a few pictures of the knock off brand one I just did real quick to show as an example. The connector area is cheap plastic compared to the OEM one, which is easier to trim. The cheapest place I have found the OEM ones are from a website called partsouq.com ($72.58 for 4 shipped by UPS) I was leery of the site since I have never heard of it, but I did a quick search on reddit and confirmed they were a legitimate site.

Ask away if you have any more questions.

Wood Automotive lighting Gas Hardwood Wood stain

Finger Wood Gas Thumb Nail

Hand Automotive lighting Finger Communication Device Gesture

1 - 20 of 22 Posts