Nissan Pathfinder Forum banner
1 - 20 of 30 Posts

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I purchased a Pathfinder Platinum in February and noticed that they came from factory with Toyo Proxes A20, p235/55/20. These tires are T-rated. I didn't pay much attention to that until I did a little more research. It seems that exact tire is the OEM for the Nissan Murano not the 2013 Pathfinder. I was supposed to have Bridgestone Dueler's which are H-Rated.

Did anyone else experience this issue? I can't believe it left the factory with the wrong tires!!!

·
Registered
101 Posts
That is odd. But as I was shopping pathfinders I noticed 3 different brands of tires on them. Continentals, which I got. Toyo's and Bridgestones. Thought that was kinda weird myself.

·
Registered
215 Posts
Our platinum had Toyo as well, it's all about what they have in stock at the time of production. You haven't been short handed at all.

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Our platinum had Toyo as well, it's all about what they have in stock at the time of production. You haven't been short handed at all.
I thought the same thing until I spoke to a Toyo rep who said the load rating for the Proxes A20 is incorrect and should not be used on a Platinum. I then contacted Nissan Corporate, and they agreed that the Platinum requires an H-rated tire. I just got off the phone my dealer and Nissan wants them to take some pictures of the tires...looks like I will get them swapped out for the H-rated Bridgestones...

·
Registered
215 Posts
Please follow link and look at oem tires on nissan pathfinder platinum. Your toyo rep is misinformed and providing you with misinformation. For the record the Bridgestone and Toyo have the same load rating just a different speed rating.
Tire Search Results

·
Registered
233 Posts
That is odd. But as I was shopping pathfinders I noticed 3 different brands of tires on them. Continentals, which I got. Toyo's and Bridgestones. Thought that was kinda weird myself.
Do you have the Platinum with the 20" wheels? I have only seen the Continentals on the other PF's with the 18" wheels.

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Please follow link and look at oem tires on nissan pathfinder platinum. Your toyo rep is misinformed and providing you with misinformation. For the record the Bridgestone and Toyo have the same load rating just a different speed rating.
Tire Search Results
I did notice that Tirerack called them both OEM....There is a slight differrece though: one is P235/55/20 and one is 235/55/20. Here is what Tirerack said about P-Metric sizing differences:

"Euro-metric and P-metric tires in the same size (i.e. P225/60R16 & 225/60R16) are equivalent in their dimensions with just slight differences in their load capacity calculations and inflation pressure tables"

Since the Toyo is a "T" and the Bridgestones are an "H", I dont think they are 100% interchangble. Separately, I like the fact that the treadwear rating is a 440 on the bridgestones versus 300 on the toyo. May not make much difference in the end, but if they want to switch me for no-cost, I'll do it.

·
Registered
72 Posts
Well... the spec on the Platinum PF is P235/55R20 all-season tires.

In my opinion it should be the same H-rated Bridgestones... Maybe the dealer swap out the good one for themselves :)

Im sure those tires have different in price range.

·
Registered
48 Posts
At the dealership where we completed our purchase, I noted that S/SV had one tire, SL had another tire, and Platinum had a third type.

·
Registered
1,259 Posts
I was always under the impression that the tires that come with new cars can be chosen at the dealership when ordering your vehicle, if not, the tires it comes with are selected by the car maker themselves without any input from the dealerships.

·
Registered
62 Posts
Check the survey ratings and prices of these tires at Tire Rack or other online source before you decide what to do.

Harvey

·
Registered
42 Posts
Bridgestone on my plat/prem. I don't look forward to the day I have to replace 20" tires. I just did my Accord with 225/50/17 at a cost of $750. Ridiculous what tires prices have done in the last 10 years.

Mike

·
Registered
186 Posts
I have Duelers on my Platinum. Currently selling on Tire rack for $870. Interesting thing is that the other OEM tire Toyo Proxes are selling for $1350!! Wow are they that much better of a tire? If so those lucky enough to get those tires from Factory made it really well on the deal!

·
Registered
234 Posts
I purchased a Pathfinder Platinum in February and noticed that they came from factory with Toyo Proxes A20, p235/55/20. These tires are T-rated. I didn't pay much attention to that until I did a little more research. It seems that exact tire is the OEM for the Nissan Murano not the 2013 Pathfinder. I was supposed to have Bridgestone Dueler's which are H-Rated.

Did anyone else experience this issue? I can't believe it left the factory with the wrong tires!!!
M

Interesting, I didn't know they could change tires at the dealer.

I have Bridgestone 235/55R20 102H M+S

It's a Plat Premium 4x4. Are those the correct tires?

1 - 20 of 30 Posts