Nissan Pathfinder Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
262 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just went to check out the Pathfinder on Fuelly and the real world numbers are not quite impressive. For 2013 Fuelly has 15 Pathys registered and total they are averaging 20.4 MPG over 256 fillups covering 75,429 miles.

the best is 30.9 mpgs and the worst is 16.8 mpg....

2013 Nissan Pathfinder MPG Reports | Fuelly

·
Premium Member
1,066 Posts
That's actually very good for a vehicle of this class. Compare it to some of its contemporaries.

·
Registered
80 Posts
The person who got 30 did their math wrong:

My ride (Nissan Pathfinder) | Fuelly

For the first 5 fill-ups, they were dividing the total miles on the car (not since last fill-up) by the amount of gas at that one fill-up. I guess getting over 70MPG finally made them notice...

But I imagine this did throw the average off for everybody.

Can't wait to see real-world figures for the hybrid.

·
Registered
262 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
good eyes there pavster

Alright for competition lets look at MDX, Durango and Explorer to start.

MDX
2013 MDXs on Fuelly are averaging 17.8 mpg, although that is only over 3 cars and 12,180 miles. 2014s are averaging 20.7 but again over 3 cars and 8,550 miles. Small samples.
Acura MDX MPG Reports | Fuelly

Durango
2013 Durangos are seeing an average of 16.3 mpg over 9 cars and 51,312 miles tracked. the best is seeing 19.
2013 Dodge Durango MPG Reports | Fuelly

Explorer
2013 Explorers are seeing 20 average mpg across 32 cars over 303,579 miles tracked. tops is 24.
2013 Ford Explorer MPG Reports | Fuelly

The Explorer is almost on par with the Pathfinder, interesting.

·
Premium Member
1,066 Posts
The Explorer is almost on par with the Pathfinder, interesting.
Don't forget that the Explorer comes in a 4 cylinder variant, which could help it in the overall average.

·
Registered
80 Posts
Please don't laugh, but another car I consider to be 'competition' is Mercedes GL-class. They are pricy new but within a couple of years reach parity with high-trim versions of the more pedestrian brands. Size-wise it's probably larger than the Pathfinder.

I would consider only the diesel version, which, if we believe the tiny sample size, gets pretty amazing mileage.

Mercedes-Benz GL350 MPG Reports | Fuelly

I would jump the gun and get one if it wasn't for all the horror stories of mercedes reliability.

·
Premium Member
1,066 Posts
Please don't laugh, but another car I consider to be 'competition' is Mercedes GL-class. They are pricy new but within a couple of years reach parity with high-trim versions of the more pedestrian brands. Size-wise it's probably larger than the Pathfinder.

I would consider only the diesel version, which, if we believe the tiny sample size, gets pretty amazing mileage.

Mercedes-Benz GL350 MPG Reports | Fuelly

I would jump the gun and get one if it wasn't for all the horror stories of mercedes reliability.
The GL is a great luxury SUV, no doubt - but considering the price premium, both for the vehicle, the engine and the fuel itself, a high of 25MPG isn't terribly impressive to me. And that doesn't even factor in the high cost of maintenance items, including the need to refill the urea tank periodically.

·
Registered
1,206 Posts
The 2013 Pathfinder is a big improvement over previous year Pathfinders. I don't think there are any complains on mileage. 20mpg average is pretty good for a car of this size.

·
Registered
1,259 Posts
the '13 Santa Fe is also pretty impressive. averaging 21.7 mpgs from 111 cars over 606,065 miles... it does have 4cyls mixed in but thats even more impressive for Pathfinder considering it doesn't ;)

2013 Hyundai Santa Fe MPG Reports | Fuelly
Can't beat having more cylinders and still beating a car with smaller cylinders thats in the same class :D
Too bad a turbo 4 would make the PF very slow.

·
Registered
1,206 Posts
cant expect much out of a car of this size with its tow rating.

I can't think of any other car that gets amazing mileage in this class. (30+mpg)

1 - 11 of 11 Posts