Nissan Pathfinder Forum banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
42 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Everyone, Just wanted to let you guys know you should check your vehicle if you have the front tow hook that screws on to the front passenger side of the bumper. This is used if your car breaks down and needs to be towed. Nissan no longer provides those built in tow hooks that is normally located under the front bumper. This was missing on my pathfinder and had to go back to the dealership to get one. This tow hook is required if your car breaks down and the tow truck needs to pull your pathfinder up a flatbed.

The hook looks like this pictured below.

Attachments

·
Registered
215 Posts
Everyone, Just wanted to let you guys know you should check your vehicle if you have the front tow hook that screws on to the front passenger side of the bumper. This is used if your car breaks down and needs to be towed. Nissan no longer provides those built in tow hooks that is normally located under the front bumper. This was missing on my pathfinder and had to go back to the dealership to get one. This tow hook is required if your car breaks down and the tow truck needs to pull your pathfinder up a flatbed.

I think you're misinformed, nissan is required by law to provide any equipment required to tow the car in incidence of no operation (front mount stud). Mine came stock with one. They all do, apparently they mistakenly forgot yours in assembly. Do not pay for it as it should be in all vehicles equipped with the tow point.

·
Registered
42 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 · (Edited)
I am not misinformed. I know every vehicle should have one. I'm just saying that mine happened to be missing. I did not pay for the hook. The dealership just grabbed one from another pathfinder and gave it to me. I'm just saying people should check their vehicles. The dealership told me that this is a common part that Nissan forgets to put in their vehicle so Nissan from time to time ships them a boxfull of these hooks to give to owners. The Rogue has a specific spot (driver side trunk) where the hook is stored. The new pathfinders dont. While at the dealership, one had it in the glove compartment, the other in the trunk.

·
Registered
215 Posts
I am not misinformed. I know every vehicle should have one. I'm just saying that mine happened to be missing. I did not pay for the hook. The dealership just grabbed one from another pathfinder and gave it to me. I'm just saying people should check their vehicles. The dealership told me that this is a common part that Nissan forgets to put in their vehicle so Nissan from time to time ships them a boxfull of these hooks to give to owners.
When you say "Nissan no longer provides those built in tow hooks that is normally located under the front bumper." It is very easy to imply that's what you were saying even if that's not what you meant.

·
Registered
42 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
well, because they dont. They swithed to these screw on tow hook that screws onto that covered port on front bumpers so they are no longer built it. You have to screw on the hook. It is easy to misplace these tow hooks but in my case, it was missing from my new vehicle so just wanted to let people know to check their vehicles. Its not something you think about until your car breaks down and find out you do not have one so wanted to give everyone an early heads up to check for it.

·
Registered
186 Posts
Thanks for the tip. Just went and checked mine to make sure it was there.

·
Registered
2013 Pathfinder SL 4WD
70 Posts
Thanks mclee45, I found mine in the rear storage compartment. Now I know what that covered port on the bumper is for, too!

·
Premium Member
1,066 Posts

Good tip. My Pilot had something similar sitting in the area where the jack tools were... always wondered what that was for.

·
Registered
234 Posts
This hook is located inside the jack tool kit in the rear compartment. Since these kits are pre-assembled by a parts supplier to the factory, I find it hard to believe they are "forgetting" to put them in. Nissan would be forgetting the entire jack tool kit.

Anyway, if anyone wants to verify they have this hook, that's where it is.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Does the 2019 model have an attachment point behind the front passenger access port in the bumper? I did not get the screw in eye and when I opened the access port there did not seem to be a place to screw one in?

·
Registered
5 Posts
Does the 2019 model have an attachment point behind the front passenger access port in the bumper? I did not get the screw in eye and when I opened the access port there did not seem to be a place to screw one in?
I have the exact situation, also with a 2019, I cannot find the hook anywhere, there is no mention of it in the manual. Also, there does not seem to be a spot to screw it up front.

·
Administrator
2015 Pathfinder SL - Tech 4WD
3,011 Posts
I've heard that some come with it and some other don't. Mine was in the secondary compartment inside the trunk storage compartment. There is a small square cap on the front bumper, remove it to attach the tow hook.

More info here.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts