Nissan Pathfinder Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello folks,

I recently had my brake switch changed after I was experiencing a NO acceleration issue from time to time with the truck. Now I see that my cruise control is not working. the on/off switch works but the acceleration will not set or engage.

Another issue I had the other day was I stopped at a drive through that was on a hill to pay the cashier. When I tried to accelerate to the next window, the truck would REV but I got no acceleration. eventually after about 3-4 times pressing the accelerator it did go. But when I got the pickup window the same thing happened.

any idea what that could be??

thanks in advance.

·
Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Just doing some reading and it sounds like the Hill thing is the HILL START ASSIST not dis engaging. But I guess when the dealer checks i will see or they will simply say they cant find anything as usual.

·
Registered
99 Posts
Just doing some reading and it sounds like the Hill thing is the HILL START ASSIST not dis engaging. But I guess when the dealer checks i will see or they will simply say they cant find anything as usual.

I agree with the hill start assist.

·
Registered
15 Posts
Hello folks,

I recently had my brake switch changed after I was experiencing a NO acceleration issue from time to time with the truck. Now I see that my cruise control is not working. the on/off switch works but the acceleration will not set or engage.

Another issue I had the other day was I stopped at a drive through that was on a hill to pay the cashier. When I tried to accelerate to the next window, the truck would REV but I got no acceleration. eventually after about 3-4 times pressing the accelerator it did go. But when I got the pickup window the same thing happened.

any idea what that could be??

thanks in advance.
It's the brake light switch, have someone stand behind the truck while press the brake pedal, if the does light then it's the same switch as well, change it, it's easy, depending on the year it shouldn't be more then 25 bucks, locate your brake light switch, it's right above the brake pedal, all you to do is remove the wire that plugs in, after that twist the switch slightly to counterclockwise, and remove it, then do the opposite to replace it, the switch operates both brake and cruise, i got an OEM from Amazon for 25 bucks but I bought one from the local parts store for the meantime, then swap it out keep the store bought one for a future back up, keep in mind that if your cruise doesn't engage next time remember the switch, good luck

1 - 5 of 5 Posts