• 10 km/L

• 10+ km/L

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi Everyone.

I'm pretty new to this forum and I believe this question might being asked 100 times. But i cannot find any source related to RH Driven PF Fuel efficiency anywhere.

I've got a 2020 PF Ti in New Zealand (Oceania model). I'm only getting 7.6km/L or 13 L/100KM out of my car. No matter how better I drive its the same result.

But the vehicle is rated to 10.1 L/100KM in NZ.

I track my fuel from full fill to fill using Drivoo App. I drive only on 2WD.

Vehicle odo is at 1200km. Is there anything I'm missing? or is this how it is.

Cheers,

·
Registered
2019 Nissan Pathfinder SV 4x4
679 Posts
Given my bride uses our 2019 PF 99% of the time I've never hand calculated the fuel economy over full tanks of fuel, but the dash always levels out to about 18 mpg average. Again, with darling bride's daily use. My ram 1500 4x4 quad cab pickup truck gets better fuel economy.

·
Super Moderator
2015 Pathfinder SL - Tech 4WD
2,514 Posts
I get 14 l/100 km for city and 10.5 on highway. What you are getting is pretty normal.
The best I've got was something around 7.6, on highway, at steady 110 km/hr, on flat roads, avoiding any hard acceleration and good tail wind.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Hi Everyone.

I'm pretty new to this forum and I believe this question might being asked 100 times. But i cannot find any source related to RH Driven PF Fuel efficiency anywhere.

I've got a 2020 PF Ti in New Zealand (Oceania model). I'm only getting 7.6km/L or 13 L/100KM out of my car. No matter how better I drive its the same result.

But the vehicle is rated to 10.1 L/100KM in NZ.

I track my fuel from full fill to fill using Drivoo App. I drive only on 2WD.

Vehicle odo is at 1200km. Is there anything I'm missing? or is this how it is.

Cheers,
Did you know you could sue your dealer for false advertizing. Talk to a lawyer. It has happened over here.

·
Registered
679 Posts
Sue the dealer for this? That's never going to happen. The dealer doesn't set the fuel economy numbers, the manufacturer does and if you read the fine print around the fuel economy figures on the new vehicle window sticker, those numbers can fall pretty much anywhere.

This latest generation Pathfinder powertrain, with the VQ35DD engine certainly isn't working out to be more fuel efficient than it's predecessor, the VQ35DE engine.

I guess at the end of the day, 17-18mpg isn't horrible given the size, people hauling and trailer hauling capabilities of the vehicle.

·
Registered
13 Posts
Use cruise control..The computer says I'm getting 25.5 MPG with a 2016 SV in 75% highway driving, and by my calculations, it's right. That's 87 octane 10% ethanol.

·
Registered
679 Posts
Use cruise control..The computer says I'm getting 25.5 MPG with a 2016 SV in 75% highway driving, and by my calculations, it's right. That's 87 octane 10% ethanol.
Is this with just you in the vehicle? At what speed? I could see achieving ~25mpg average out of a whole tank of fuel if you were steady cruising at 55mph.

It is looking like the 2013-2016 may be a bit more fuel efficient than the 2017+, but time will tell on that I guess.

·
Registered
13 Posts
Is this with just you in the vehicle? At what speed? I could see achieving ~25mpg average out of a whole tank of fuel if you were steady cruising at 55mph.

It is looking like the 2013-2016 may be a bit more fuel efficient than the 2017+, but time will tell on that I guess.
It's with me and another person and a few small things in the back. It's from a full tank over the course of a few weeks with the tires at 33 lbs. I average about 65 or 70 on the highway. I'm impressed by it. The lowest I've gotten is 21 or so with more city driving, which still isn't bad for a vehicle that size. I know a lot of people aren't CVT fans, but I think it's a big reason for the good MPG.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts