Nissan Pathfinder Forum banner

101 - 114 of 114 Posts

·
Registered
18 Posts
The replacement Android 8.1 unit that I ordered arrived this week and it was installed today. I'm disappointed to report that it has all the same issues as the last unit, the temperature display is incorrect, steering wheel controls don't work, etc. I will work with the seller to see if they can possibly help me resolve this issue with a software patch, but it appears that at least for my particular Pathfinder configuration these systems don't perform correctly out of the box.

The only differences I noted between the 7.1 and 8.1 units are some slight UI differences, the 8.1 unit is WAY faster (boots in less than half the time), the Android 7.1 unit included an adapter to allow you to connect the Nissan Factory FM antenna to the Android unit (the 8.1 unit did not) and the Android 8.1 unit included two cameras (the Android 7.1 unit didn't include any). I have a third-party 360 degree camera system on order that I'm planning to install in my PF so I'm not installing the provided cameras, however.

Happy to answer any other questions to the best of my ability.

·
Registered
117 Posts
One bit of good news, I’m able to get CarPlay working using an external dongle on the Android 8.1 unit. I bought this unit from Amazon:

Carlinkit Wireless Carplay Dongle... https://www.amazon.com/dp/B07S1M8C34?ref=ppx_pop_mob_ap_share

And it seems to be working perfectly, picture below.

View attachment 14930
1- Reverse camera is working fine with lines ?
2- Steering button control is working fine ?
3- What about FM channels ?
4- The speakers are working fine in terms of quality and output.
5- The new system having the same harness?
6- Does it support wireless Apple car play?
7- What video format it support ?
8- As per seller it doesn’t support 360 camera have you confirm again?
9- How is video quality?
10- How is touch (hard press or soft, accuracy )& response time (any lag)
11- Connectivity via wifi and how good is google map working out for you.

12- Is any firmware update option for this system ?

13- How is build up quality of system and supporting accessories ( the plastic parts in your dashboard).
14- Possible to make video from your mobile to just run few functions.
15-How easy is the installation ?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
18 Posts
@anu0512 - Answers below

1- Reverse camera is working fine with lines? - Factory backup camera is not working, they included 2 cameras to be installed but I am planning to install a third-party 360 degree camera system so I haven't installed the cameras they included. I currently do not have a functional backup camera.

2- Steering button control is working fine? - Currently I have the same problems with steering wheel controls as I had with the Android 7.1 unit, they are not mapped correctly

3- What about FM channels? - The Android 8.1 unit didn't include the adapter necessary for FM to work, currently I have the FM antenna re-attached to the factory stereo. The Android 7.1 radio did include the antenna adapter and the radio worked fine on that unit. I plan to purchase this item to get the FM connected to the Android unit:

4- The speakers are working fine in terms of quality and output - No issues with sound quality. The built-in Microphone is still weak compared to the factory hands-free system. I plan to investigate options to connect an external microphone.

5- The new system having the same harness? - The Android 8.1 unit's wiring harnesses were different than the Android 7.1 unit's harnesses, but not significantly.

6- Does it support wireless Apple car play? - I am currently using wireless CarPlay using a third-party dongle (made by Carlinkit):

I am investigating a solution that may allow me to run CarPlay natively on the stereo, if this works out I'll post an update.

7- What video format it support? - I haven't loaded any videos other than the stock videos they include with the unit for testing, I might be able to try some other video formats this week

8- As per seller it doesn’t support 360 camera have you confirm again? - My Pathfinder didn't come with a 360 degree camera system, but from what I've read the third-party 3D 360 degree system I purchased should work (it just connects to the rear backup camera port). This is the system I ordered:

https://ebay.us/KRzR1w

This is the unbranded version of the same system sold under the SZDALOS and Metra iBeam names at much higher prices. Mine hasn't been installed yet so I can't show it running on my car currently, but this YouTube video shows a demo of the features:

9- How is video quality? - Video Quality is excellent

10- How is touch (hard press or soft, accuracy )& response time (any lag) - Touch is very responsive for both touch and response time, similar to pressing any other smartphone/tablet screen.

11- Connectivity via wifi and how good is google map working out for you. - I've only attached the unit to the WiFi at my house, I haven't used the unit on my phone's mobile hotspot yet. Works perfectly on my house's WiFi. Haven't used Google Maps on the device itself, I have used it via CarPlay which works fine.

12- Is any firmware update option for this system? - I'm not sure about firmware updates at this time

13- How is build up quality of system and supporting accessories (the plastic parts in your dashboard) - The quality seems similar to Nissan factory components

14- Possible to make video from your mobile to just run few functions. - I can try to do this sometime this week, but I leave for vacation on Friday so I may not have time depending

15-How easy is the installation? - The original Android 7.1 unit was installed by a professional. I installed the Android 8.1 unit myself by looking at where they installed the harnesses on the 7.1 unit and replacing one harness at a time. I swapped the Android 7.1 unit for the Android 8.1 unit in about an hour, but I had the original installer's work to use as a guide. The harnesses are each "plug-and-play" with the existing Nissan harnesses, the hardest part is finding which harness fits where, but if you're savvy with electronics you can probably figure it out within a couple hours. The only other note I have is that after the installation is done there are a few factory harnesses that no longer plug into anything (screen harness and the harness that plugs into the buttons below the screen). Since I didn't complete the original installation I was searching for a home for these connectors when I went to put everything back together but eventually figured out they're not used with this system in-place.

Any other questions let me know.

1- Reverse camera is working fine with lines ?
2- Steering button control is working fine ?
3- What about FM channels ?
4- The speakers are working fine in terms of quality and output.
5- The new system having the same harness?
6- Does it support wireless Apple car play?
7- What video format it support ?
8- As per seller it doesn’t support 360 camera have you confirm again?
9- How is video quality?
10- How is touch (hard press or soft, accuracy )& response time (any lag)
11- Connectivity via wifi and how good is google map working out for you.

12- Is any firmware update option for this system ?

13- How is build up quality of system and supporting accessories ( the plastic parts in your dashboard).
14- Possible to make video from your mobile to just run few functions.
15-How easy is the installation ?

·
Registered
19 Posts
I have 2017 pathfinder sl with premium package and Bose system and around view monitor , I was planing to get this unit but I’m to scared it may not work properly On the car since it has a lot of issue , it’s a company here in USA sells them here’s the link
After searching a lot a company in Australia, naviplus.com sells the android integration kit which it’s pretty much plug and play , compare to description it works really good since u keep all factory seetings it adds Apple car play and android auto and lots of other things , it works with all trim levels here’s the link
I’m thinking to get one myself the price In USA dollars is around 650$

·
Registered
117 Posts
I have 2017 pathfinder sl with premium package and Bose system and around view monitor , I was planing to get this unit but I’m to scared it may not work properly On the car since it has a lot of issue , it’s a company here in USA sells them here’s the link
After searching a lot a company in Australia, naviplus.com sells the android integration kit which it’s pretty much plug and play , compare to description it works really good since u keep all factory seetings it adds Apple car play and android auto and lots of other things , it works with all trim levels here’s the link
I think they are providing the device which directly fit into audio system. I seen similar thing on aliexpress. Just plug in play. And it support all camera plus the software can be upgrade.

·
Registered
37 Posts
I think they are providing the device which directly fit into audio system. I seen similar thing on aliexpress. Just plug in play. And it support all camera plus the software can be upgrade.

Phoenix is pretty good. I had a Tesla unit in my 16' mustang that came from them, they kinda work a lot of the kinks out and help a ton with it. Only downside is you pay a LOT for that service. What is it a few 100$ more than Aliexpress.

·
Registered
18 Posts
I ordered the Naviplus system before I ordered the Android unit. It did NOT work in my Pathfinder and I had to return it for a partial refund. YMMV

·
Registered
22 Posts
Well guys I really enjoyed my display while I had it (3-4 weeks), I am going to really miss google maps as I used it daily, my wife got into an accident coming back from dropping off her parents, insurance considered it a total loss, I asked them if I showed them a receipt from the display if they would reimburse me but of course they said no, they told me if i had original to swap it out before they took it out of storage, so if any one here is interested on a Tesla display for a pathfinder i will let this go for $250 shipped half of what i paid, pics below of the aftermath.
I’ll take it. PM me through Tapatalk and send me your PayPal info.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

·
Registered
117 Posts
@bradent Its better if you write a review on aliexpress so it will help others and if I asked seller then he will say everything is working.

·
Registered
18 Posts
@bradent Its better if you write a review on aliexpress so it will help others and if I asked seller then he will say everything is working.
I'm still working with the seller and their suppliers to try to fix the problems I'm experiencing, I didn't want to leave negative feedback until I gave them time to resolve the issues. I will post a review on AliExpress once we're done working on these issues.

·
Registered
117 Posts
I'm still working with the seller and their suppliers to try to fix the problems I'm experiencing, I didn't want to leave negative feedback until I gave them time to resolve the issues. I will post a review on AliExpress once we're done working on these issues.
Ok because I think you have some time frane in aliexpress after that you can’t raise dispute & write a feedback.

Is this possible can you share back side of audio system. I want to see which type of ports are available.

You already ordered the 360 view camera from Ebay?

101 - 114 of 114 Posts