Nissan Pathfinder Forum banner

81 - 100 of 114 Posts

·
Registered
117 Posts
You don’t think so you have to remove the CD player because I asked one of local seller and he shared me the picture of dashboard. But he was asking about 680$ with fittings and the system having 2 GB RAM and company name is sensation.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
18 Posts
I ordered a CarPlay dongle from them but it didn’t include any instructions and I can’t seem to find the correct APK to install to get it to work so I haven’t been able to test it yet. Their listing said the box would have a QR code with the download location, it arrived in a plain white box with no model number or anything. I’m ordering a different CarPlay dongle anyway, the one I ordered from them requires a wired connection and I want wireless CarPlay. Pics below of the dongle I got from them.

·
Super Moderator
4,005 Posts
I ordered a CarPlay dongle from them but it didn’t include any instructions and I can’t seem to find the correct APK to install to get it to work so I haven’t been able to test it yet. Their listing said the box would have a QR code with the download location, it arrived in a plain white box with no model number or anything.
I guess Ali Express is no Amazon.

·
Registered
229 Posts
Curious about the output volume. Is it as good as the original output? Do you have the standard stereo or the upgraded Bose with the external amp?

·
Registered
18 Posts
Curious about the output volume. Is it as good as the original output? Do you have the standard stereo or the upgraded Bose with the external amp?
I have the standard non-Bose stereo. Output volume is fine, the original stereo remains in the car and you have to select the "AUX" input to hear audio from this unit. Because of this you actually have dual volume controls after this is installed, you can still adjust the stereo volume from the volume knob on the factory stereo and the Android unit has its own separate volume control as well.

·
Super Moderator
4,005 Posts
... the original stereo remains in the car ...you can still adjust the stereo volume from the volume knob on the factory stereo and the Android unit has its own separate volume control as well.
So you can still use the stereo, but just can't see what station is selected?

·
Registered
18 Posts
So you can still use the stereo, but just can't see what station is selected?
Yes, theoretically that's correct. I haven't tested all of the functions but I believe factory XM, CD, and Radio would still work. The audio installer actually mentioned when I picked up my car that they were originally confused because they were hearing audio that wasn't showing on the Android unit until they realized they had to select "AUX". However, for my purposes the Android unit has its own Radio tuner so there's no need to use the factory FM system, I haven't owned an audio CD in years, and I don't have XM activated so I haven't been compelled to test thoroughly.

·
Registered
117 Posts
Apple car play or android auto is working? And mirroring option is available?

·
Registered
18 Posts
The unit does not have built-in CarPlay. I asked the seller for the information needed to install the CarPlay dongle I bought from them and she hasn’t answered me yet.

·
Registered
18 Posts
Replacement CarPlay dongle isn't working either for some reason, I'm not sure if it's the dongle or the stereo. The CarPlay dongle seems to connect to my iPhone but then almost immediately seems to lose connection and reboot. After that the stereo asks me again whether to allow a connection to the dongle, so I'm not sure what to make of that.

I'm taking one last chance with the seller to try to get all this working. After talking to her I placed another order for the Android 8.1 unit that I originally ordered, once that unit arrives I will install the 8.1 unit and return the 7.1 unit for a refund. She offered that I could have returned the 7.1 unit, waited for it to arrive in China, then she would have shipped the 8.1 unit... But I'm too impatient for that timeline and I don't want to mess with reinstalling the factory stereo. I just placed the new order today, so I'll post further updates once I have them. But for now, no new information to share.

·
Registered
117 Posts
Replacement CarPlay dongle isn't working either for some reason, I'm not sure if it's the dongle or the stereo. The CarPlay dongle seems to connect to my iPhone but then almost immediately seems to lose connection and reboot. After that the stereo asks me again whether to allow a connection to the dongle, so I'm not sure what to make of that.

I'm taking one last chance with the seller to try to get all this working. After talking to her I placed another order for the Android 8.1 unit that I originally ordered, once that unit arrives I will install the 8.1 unit and return the 7.1 unit for a refund. She offered that I could have returned the 7.1 unit, waited for it to arrive in China, then she would have shipped the 8.1 unit... But I'm too impatient for that timeline and I don't want to mess with reinstalling the factory stereo. I just placed the new order today, so I'll post further updates once I have them. But for now, no new information to share.
Who will bear the cost of returning the shipment?

I’m also planning to buy because 11.11 sale is coming along with other items. Otherwise I will by alternate device which play in default screen but its expensive compare to this audio system.

·
Registered
37 Posts
nice! still waiting to see how this turns out.. i got the go ahead from the old lady to get one, just want to make sure the software is decent.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Well guys I really enjoyed my display while I had it (3-4 weeks), I am going to really miss google maps as I used it daily, my wife got into an accident coming back from dropping off her parents, insurance considered it a total loss, I asked them if I showed them a receipt from the display if they would reimburse me but of course they said no, they told me if i had original to swap it out before they took it out of storage, so if any one here is interested on a Tesla display for a pathfinder i will let this go for $250 shipped half of what i paid, pics below of the aftermath.

Attachments

·
Registered
117 Posts
Well guys I really enjoyed my display while I had it (3-4 weeks), I am going to really miss google maps as I used it daily, my wife got into an accident coming back from dropping off her parents, insurance considered it a total loss, I asked them if I showed them a receipt from the display if they would reimburse me but of course they said no, they told me if i had original to swap it out before they took it out of storage, so if any one here is interested on a Tesla display for a pathfinder i will let this go for $250 shipped half of what i paid, pics below of the aftermath.
Which year your car is ?

81 - 100 of 114 Posts