Nissan Pathfinder Forum banner

Pathfinder 10.1" Head Unit

68K views 156 replies 30 participants last post by  Tallldarkandhandsome 
#1 ·
#6 ·
I'm actually considering something like this in the future, I still have the stock head unit.

Looks awesome.
Would like to make sure all current settings and functions still work. This note catch my eye, not sure what they mean:

Note:For our head unit, do not support like below: iPod, original car GPS antenna, original car back up rear camera, original car bluetooth, original car USB as well original car Microphone.
That note actually left me confused as well, because in the Q & A section, they say its compatible with the stock camera and GPS, but that note seems like they state otherwise.

#13 ·
These wi-fi systems... where does it get it's signal? Do you need to set your phone up as a hot spot? :44: I guess you'd need a huge data plan.

#15 · (Edited)
These wi-fi systems... where does it get it's signal? Do you need to set your phone up as a hot spot? :44: I guess you'd need a huge data plan.

No need of data, the app will create a wifi hotspot and you can connect with miracast with phone and mirror the image. The same way we use share it app over same wifi network to send & receive the files between the device. Even if you see link under the product description it say connect to the wifi box so it cretes & allow you to connect to the wifi network

For ex-
I have this device it creates a wifi network and phone get connected and use the network to see the live video :)

https://www.banggood.com/Bakeey-8mm....html?rmmds=myorder&ID=44707&cur_warehouse=CN

#17 · (Edited)
Yes even I have SV model & I don't have bird eye view and blind spot warning system. I'm planning to get fit in my PF once I get back. I already purchase the blind spot warning system from aliexpress but I don't have my car now once it will back I will make a video with the product and I purchase a lot of other small things too

:tango_face_smile:

Off topic: Admin, why thread don't get subscribed if I'm using tapatalk ?

#18 ·
I had an android head unit in my old car. It came with a gps module you connect to the back of the unit. I installed Tomtom GO, Waze and Google maps. Tomtom has offline navi capabilities and I could connect the system to my phone's hotspot and get live traffic data. Aside the sound quality which was subpar and bluetooth glitches, it worked very well. I got that unit about 4 years ago so I'm hopeful they've improved on quality since.

#23 ·
This is more than a mirroring device, its basically a tablet with apps as well. So in case you do not want to mirror your phone's image onto the screen, it has the apps as well on the device so you can use your phone as a hotspot allowing the radio to use that internet and enabling the apps that need the connection. So you are basically installing a tablet onto your Pathfinder.

#24 ·
The only think I concern about the device have 2 GB RAM. They also provide firmware update for device.

Off topic: Where i can find service manual, basically I'm looking for service internal after how many km & what parts I have to replace.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

#31 ·
Yes way too short but boy it does look very promising! If it is as compatible as the seller maintains, this could be the route to upgrading S and SV models or even the Platinum if you like Android OS:)

On a tangent, anyone know if the 2017+ head units will work in the 2013-2016 models plug n play? Perhaps there's been some improvements e.g. better bluetooth implementation.

#32 ·
Yes way too short but boy it does look very promising! If it is as compatible as the seller maintains, this could be the route to upgrading S and SV models or even the Platinum if you like Android OS/forum/images/smilies/tango_face_smile.png

On a tangent, anyone know if the 2017+ head units will work in the 2013-2016 models plug n play? Perhaps there's been some improvements e.g. better bluetooth implementation.
Usually head units are locked and coded to the VIN of the vehicle they were produced in. Likely this would not work.

#33 ·
So that girl her name Lisa and she gave me her what’s app number I’ve been txt with her she told me that it supports birds eye view, supports backup camera supports climate and list of other stuff , she told me to keep in touch with her when they completely do all testin , so I asked her that since loots of ppl including me are interested on the products but I will not buy it unless u guys make a longer video and show step by step as a video tutorial she told me that yes we will do it , so she told me keep in touch with me , finger crossed

#43 ·
Any update to this.? Has anyone taken the plunge and bought one of these 10in head units?
Nope. Yesterday i was again checking for different vendors I found this one, they told me 360 camera will not work, however I asked then they told me. The link which I share its for the 2 GB RAM version and I asked for 4 GB version so they said I have to pay 60$ more. Anyone in my trim I don’t have 360 camera.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

#45 ·
I have a 2016 Pathfinder SL without the tech package but with the non-touch color LCD. After sending a few messages with pictures of my stereo front and back to one of the AliExpress sellers they confirmed their "Tesla-style" unit should fit my PF. I took a deep breath and placed an order for one yesterday. I'm sure it'll take a few weeks to arrive from China, but I'll post the results here after it arrives and I have a local shop attempt installation.

#48 · (Edited)
Great. If you can make a video of installation that would be really helpful because I seen a video how to open the front assembly but still the wire connection will problem. Have asked seller to provide a installation help because few sellers provide the support.

And of course share the review also with pictures.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.