1 - 20 of 100 Posts

·
Registered
143 Posts

·
Super Moderator
1,962 Posts
Looks awesome.
Would like to make sure all current settings and functions still work. This note catch my eye, not sure what they mean:

Note:For our head unit, do not support like below: iPod, original car GPS antenna, original car back up rear camera, original car bluetooth, original car USB as well original car Microphone.

·
Registered
143 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Very nice. Is that installed in your 2015 Pathfinder? The demo vehicle sure looks like a 2013-2016 model
I'm actually considering something like this in the future, I still have the stock head unit.

Looks awesome.
Would like to make sure all current settings and functions still work. This note catch my eye, not sure what they mean:

Note:For our head unit, do not support like below: iPod, original car GPS antenna, original car back up rear camera, original car bluetooth, original car USB as well original car Microphone.
That note actually left me confused as well, because in the Q & A section, they say its compatible with the stock camera and GPS, but that note seems like they state otherwise.

·
Registered
46 Posts
I am also considering this. If the systems are able to communicate well with it, it'd be a great sub for the factory stereo. Waze or Google map on the dash instead of our fantastic Nissan navigation with ridiculous update fee.

·
Registered
113 Posts
Pathfinder 10.1" Head Unit

So wants to be the first one to drop $400 and a weekend installing this?

Check out this one, it will easily fit into the default harness

18% Off | Lsailt Android GPS navigation box for Nissan Pathfinder 2012-2017 high end, with G QX50 QX60 Q70 QX80 etc youtube yandex support
https://s.click.aliexpress.com/e/cE8QISA4

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

·
Registered
143 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
So wants to be the first one to drop $400 and a weekend installing this?

Check out this one, it will easily fit into the default harness

18% Off | Lsailt Android GPS navigation box for Nissan Pathfinder 2012-2017 high end, with G QX50 QX60 Q70 QX80 etc youtube yandex support
https://s.click.aliexpress.com/e/cE8QISA4

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
$400+ seems to be the magic numbers to purchase anything special with our radios. Im actually going to be purchasing soon a module someone mentioned a while back ago on this forum that mirrors my phone on the screen and allows me to watch video while driving at the same time and it costs about $250.

·
Registered
113 Posts
$400+ seems to be the magic numbers to purchase anything special with our radios. Im actually going to be purchasing soon a module someone mentioned a while back ago on this forum that mirrors my phone on the screen and allows me to watch video while driving at the same time and it costs about $250.

Here you go

https://www.aliexpress.com/item/Sinairyu-AirPlay-Screen-Mirroring-Box-for-iPhone-iOS11-Android-Screen-Miracast-WlAN-Display-Device-Wireless-Connection/32896062046.html

·
Super Moderator
3,960 Posts
These wi-fi systems... where does it get it's signal? Do you need to set your phone up as a hot spot? :44: I guess you'd need a huge data plan.

·
Registered
113 Posts
These wi-fi systems... where does it get it's signal? Do you need to set your phone up as a hot spot? :44: I guess you'd need a huge data plan.

No need of data, the app will create a wifi hotspot and you can connect with miracast with phone and mirror the image. The same way we use share it app over same wifi network to send & receive the files between the device. Even if you see link under the product description it say connect to the wifi box so it cretes & allow you to connect to the wifi network

For ex-
I have this device it creates a wifi network and phone get connected and use the network to see the live video :)

https://www.banggood.com/Bakeey-8mm-8-Led-WiFi-Endoscope-HD-Camera-Borescope-Waterproof-Rigid-Cable-for-Android-IOS-Laptop-PC-p-1242306.html?rmmds=myorder&ID=44707&cur_warehouse=CN

·
Registered
113 Posts
It's nice to see there are options. Does anyone know if you can get GPS on non-tech packaged PFs?
Yes even I have SV model & I don't have bird eye view and blind spot warning system. I'm planning to get fit in my PF once I get back. I already purchase the blind spot warning system from aliexpress but I don't have my car now once it will back I will make a video with the product and I purchase a lot of other small things too

:tango_face_smile:

Off topic: Admin, why thread don't get subscribed if I'm using tapatalk ?

·
Registered
46 Posts
I had an android head unit in my old car. It came with a gps module you connect to the back of the unit. I installed Tomtom GO, Waze and Google maps. Tomtom has offline navi capabilities and I could connect the system to my phone's hotspot and get live traffic data. Aside the sound quality which was subpar and bluetooth glitches, it worked very well. I got that unit about 4 years ago so I'm hopeful they've improved on quality since.

·
Super Moderator
3,960 Posts
No need of data, the app will create a wifi hotspot and you can connect with miracast with phone and mirror the image. The same way we use share it app over same wifi network to send & receive the files between the device. Even if you see link under the product description it say connect to the wifi box so it cretes & allow you to connect to the wifi network

I have this device it creates a wifi network and phone get connected and use the network to see the live video :)
Yes, but what I'm saying is, that data has to come from somewhere! And it's not going to be free! GPS providers are not going to provide you with bandwidth to stream music or get live traffic conditions from Waze. That will have to come from your phone's data plan or your own mobile hot spot.

·
Registered
113 Posts
Yes, but what I'm saying is, that data has to come from somewhere! And it's not going to be free! GPS providers are not going to provide you with bandwidth to stream music or get live traffic conditions from Waze. That will have to come from your phone's data plan or your own mobile hot spot.

Its just a mirroring device so whatever your device share it will only display in the card unit and anyhow if you using Google map so the phone is already using the phone data and it displaying on car display.

1 - 20 of 100 Posts