Nissan Pathfinder Forum banner
81 - 100 of 137 Posts

·
Registered
189 Posts
I was advised that the 2022 Infiniti QX60 which is a dressed up pathfinder has struts for the hood but more significant it has a 6 way adjustable power front passenger seat. Shame on Nissan for not including this option in the Pathfinder. I need to find an Infiniti to check this out
Seems like this is a conscience move on Nissan's part to justify the $10K for buying the Infinity over the Pathfinder.

Gotta keep those corporate profits increasing every year.

·
Registered
1 Posts
I was advised that the 2022 Infiniti QX60 which is a dressed up pathfinder has struts for the hood but more significant it has a 6 way adjustable power front passenger seat. Shame on Nissan for not including this option in the Pathfinder. I need to find an Infiniti to check this out
Any idea if the Infiniti's driver seat is higher up also? We just test drove the Pathfinder and my wife has ruled it out as she doesn't feel comfortable driving at the current max height. Seems such a shame for an otherwise great car.

·
Registered
2022 Pathfinder
13 Posts
Hi there, i had the same complaint and bought 2 seat spacer kits off amazon. I bought 2 kits in order to get two sets of the smaller bolts and spacers as i raised all 4 mounting points. Took me about half hr to install, really easy and raised the seat about 1.5 inches. Buy 2 kits and use all 4 of the largest spacers and 4 of the shorter bolts. The kit on amazon was called "seat spacers lift jackers, compatible with toyota tacoma/4runner, $68 each, you need 2.
Simply remove the existing seat bolts, then install the spacer under the frame and secure using the new bolt and washer.
EDITED: I see in the thread further how this was done. Thinking of doing the same but making a hollow shell to hide the space it creates. Thanks for the tip.

·
Registered
5 Posts
I have researched, called, and spoken with Nissan parts and service guys. They said there isn't a fix for this through Nissan parts and for everyone to call Nissan Consumer Affairs to complain in order to force a recall and have it fixed.
Nissan Consumer Affairs Phone: 800-NISSAN-1 or (800-647-7261).

·
Registered
5 Posts
I bought a 2022 SL 3 months ago. So far it has been a nice car. It's my wife's car and it is the one used for all family trips. The main and only complaint that my wife has about it is the passenger seat height. It is way too low. My wife is 5' 6" and she likes sitting high. I have seen a few posts within some threads with same complaint. I am trying to keep this thread active so people can share any ways to raise the seat.

Although my wife likes driving the car, she is getting close to considering selling it due to the seat height. We are using a booster cushion that we bought from Amazon, but it is not an ideal scenario.
Please write or call Nissan Consumer Affairs. I just did. We can get a recall to occur if there are enough complaints.
Email: [email protected]
Phone: (800) 647-7261

·
Registered
2022 Pathfinder
13 Posts
I bought a 2022 SL 3 months ago. So far it has been a nice car. It's my wife's car and it is the one used for all family trips. The main and only complaint that my wife has about it is the passenger seat height. It is way too low. My wife is 5' 6" and she likes sitting high. I have seen a few posts within some threads with same complaint. I am trying to keep this thread active so people can share any ways to raise the seat.

Although my wife likes driving the car, she is getting close to considering selling it due to the seat height. We are using a booster cushion that we bought from Amazon, but it is not an ideal scenario.
Thinking back when we first test drove a Pathfinder at Nissan of Murfreesboro. (TN). The salesman took the front passenger seat when we took it for a spin. So.. he knew of that of issue but didn’t mention it. We only realized it after the sale. Shifty salesmanship probably taught by corporate. :mad:

·
Registered
2022 Pathfinder
13 Posts
Hi there, i had the same complaint and bought 2 seat spacer kits off amazon. I bought 2 kits in order to get two sets of the smaller bolts and spacers as i raised all 4 mounting points. Took me about half hr to install, really easy and raised the seat about 1.5 inches. Buy 2 kits and use all 4 of the largest spacers and 4 of the shorter bolts. The kit on amazon was called "seat spacers lift jackers, compatible with toyota tacoma/4runner, $68 each, you need 2.
Simply remove the existing seat bolts, then install the spacer under the frame and secure using the new bolt and washer.
Just an update on the price of these on Amazon. I just bought two sets for a tad over $26 each.
Product Font Screenshot Technology Electronic device

·
Registered
2022 SL AWD Build Date Mar 2022
226 Posts
Please write or call Nissan Consumer Affairs. I just did. We can get a recall to occur if there are enough complaints.
Email: [email protected]
Phone: (800) 647-7261
Thanks for the info, Tango - I plan to call on Tuesday, after the holiday and also will write to the email address tomorrow. With the email address, I would expect a written record (for me) and possibly a reply from Corporate!!

·
Registered
5 Posts
I emailed them last Friday about the passenger seat being too low and the "quiet change" from an adjustable seat in a Platinum level vehicle to no adjustment or even a fix for it. I spoke with a few of the service guys that work on them. They aren't aware of the change either. They were trying to explain how to operate it, and I told them it's not equipped. Nissan has quietly slipped this cost savings in on everyone.

·
Registered
24 Posts
I have researched, called, and spoken with Nissan parts and service guys. They said there isn't a fix for this through Nissan parts and for everyone to call Nissan Consumer Affairs to complain in order to force a recall and have it fixed.
I called Nissan Consumer Affairs, and they told me I was the first complaint he had heard on the passenger seat height... I really doubt it was.

·
Registered
5 Posts
I called Nissan Consumer Affairs, and they told me I was the first complaint he had heard on the passenger seat height... I really doubt it was.
I sent an email, but I'm going to follow up with a phone call as well. Maybe at the very least they will come up with something for us to fix it without having the floating plastic covers using the seat risers for a Toyota vehicle . It has been the only fix so far, but it's a shame to have to do to a new $50,000 vehicle.

·
Registered
24 Posts
I sent an email, but I'm going to follow up with a phone call as well. Maybe at the very least they will come up with something for us to fix it without having the floating plastic covers using the seat risers for a Toyota vehicle . It has been the only fix so far, but it's a shame to have to do to a new $50,000 vehicle.
Totally agree. Also seems like could be an easy fix to rise and provide new covers to go the full way to the floor. Hopefully enough people will complain and they will listen. I think they won't tho, probably fix it in the 2023 model.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Totally agree. Also seems like could be an easy fix to rise and provide new covers to go the full way to the floor. Hopefully enough people will complain and they will listen. I think they won't tho, probably fix it in the 2023 model.
According to the 2023 brochure, the SL and Platinum come standard with "10-way power front-passenger’s seat, including 2-way power lumbar"

·
Registered
24 Posts
According to the 2023 brochure, the SL and Platinum come standard with "10-way power front-passenger’s seat, including 2-way power lumbar"
Which means they acknowledge it as an issue but leave us early adopters out to dry.

We should all call customer complaints and log a case issue with seat too low for comfort and sun in face of passenger. I already have.

·
Registered
24 Posts
And where did you see a brochure that said this. I’m reading from carexperts dot com this is not the case.
And where did you see a brochure that said this. I’m reading from carexperts dot com this is not the case.
@
ApexRunner
mentioned the 2023 SL and Platinum comes with 10 way.
ApexRunner, can you add in where you seen it.

81 - 100 of 137 Posts