Nissan Pathfinder Forum banner
21 - 40 of 51 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Hi there, i had the same complaint and bought 2 seat spacer kits off amazon. I bought 2 kits in order to get two sets of the smaller bolts and spacers as i raised all 4 mounting points. Took me about half hr to install, really easy and raised the seat about 1.5 inches. Buy 2 kits and use all 4 of the largest spacers and 4 of the shorter bolts. The kit on amazon was called "seat spacers lift jackers, compatible with toyota tacoma/4runner, $68 each, you need 2.
Simply remove the existing seat bolts, then install the spacer under the frame and secure using the new bolt and washer.
Hi Johnny, can you send me a picture of the box or a screenshot of the spacers in Amazon. I have been searchiong Amazon, but there are so many, and there is no one that cost $68. I am very interested in solving that seat problem.
Thanks in advance…

·
Registered
2022 Pathfinder SL
101 Posts
Hi Johnny, can you send me a picture of the box or a screenshot of the spacers in Amazon. I have been searchiong Amazon, but there are so many, and there is no one that cost $68. I am very interested in solving that seat problem.
Thanks in advance…
Hey Pedro - I am very interested in this modification as both my wife and I do not like the height on the passenger seat. I don't recall this being an issue for our 2019 Rogue SL or our 2015 Juke SL.
Now, with our 2022 Pathfinder SL, the seat is a nuisance.
I did look around Amazon, based on Johnny's description and came up with this: https://www.amazon.com/mymxxx-Seat-...ible+with+toyota+tacoma/4runner,aps,43&sr=8-4
This seems to be exactly what Johnny described (the price went down), and he suggested buying 2- sets so the same size bolts and spacers can be used to replace the stock bolts.
What do you think?
Perhaps Johnny will chime in as well!

·
Registered
12 Posts
I have a 2022 Pathfinder SV AWD on order and it will be here in about 3 weeks. I test drove it and loved the SUV. I never sat in the passenger seat. How bad is it really? Bad enough to cancel and get my $500 deposit back? And start looking for a different SUV? Can the passenger not see the road at all and only see the trees and sky? I might go back to the dealership and sit in one again with my 5’5” girlfriend (I’m 5’9”). Does anyone have photos of the height difference for reference?
This is my first SUV , I’ve had sport cars or sedans all my life. I chose this over the new Rouge for the tried and true v6 engine / transmission / cargo space. Didn’t like the idea of the 3 cylinder 1.5 and CVT.

·
Registered
2022 Pathfinder SL
101 Posts
Hey BCM - I can give you some information from my new (and old), experience.
Prior to this 2022 Pathfinder SL, we had a 2019 Rogue SL. The front passenger seat seemed somewhat lower than it should be, but it never posed a problem for my wife (5'4"), or me (5'10") when we sat in it.
Now, with the Pathfinder, the front seat seems lower than we would have expected with no capability to adjust up upwards. Again, my wife, does not have an issue, nor do I but, I may still consider putting on the spacers. Since she isn't complaining when she sits there and I'm driving we may not bother. However, the spacers are not that expensive and so I will still keep it in mind just to try it at some point.
I would suggest you do go back to the dealership (as you mentioned), to sit it again and make sure both you and your girlfriend are comfortable with the height.

What is disappointing in the SL trim level for us is, the car no longer has the motion activated lift gate. That was always a big feature for my wife. We just ASSumed this would have it but, it does NOT! Shame on Nissan for only including that feature in the Platinum trim level.
All my previous Nissan SL trim level had the LED red light blinking (as part of the integral security system) on the dashboard. This Pathfinder does NOT. Again, shame on Nissan!
They have also not included the memory seat!

·
Registered
69 Posts
Hey BCM - I can give you some information from my new (and old), experience.
Prior to this 2022 Pathfinder SL, we had a 2019 Rogue SL. The front passenger seat seemed somewhat lower than it should be, but it never posed a problem for my wife (5'4"), or me (5'10") when we sat in it.
Now, with the Pathfinder, the front seat seems lower than we would have expected with no capability to adjust up upwards. Again, my wife, does not have an issue, nor do I but, I may still consider putting on the spacers. Since she isn't complaining when she sits there and I'm driving we may not bother. However, the spacers are not that expensive and so I will still keep it in mind just to try it at some point.
I would suggest you do go back to the dealership (as you mentioned), to sit it again and make sure both you and your girlfriend are comfortable with the height.

What is disappointing in the SL trim level for us is, the car no longer has the motion activated lift gate. That was always a big feature for my wife. We just ASSumed this would have it but, it does NOT! Shame on Nissan for only including that feature in the Platinum trim level.
All my previous Nissan SL trim level had the LED red light blinking (as part of the integral security system) on the dashboard. This Pathfinder does NOT. Again, shame on Nissan!
They have also not included the memory seat!
Are you sure that SV and SL with Premium Packages don't come with motion activated lift gate?

·
Registered
8 Posts
Hi there, i had the same complaint and bought 2 seat spacer kits off amazon. I bought 2 kits in order to get two sets of the smaller bolts and spacers as i raised all 4 mounting points. Took me about half hr to install, really easy and raised the seat about 1.5 inches. Buy 2 kits and use all 4 of the largest spacers and 4 of the shorter bolts. The kit on amazon was called "seat spacers lift jackers, compatible with toyota tacoma/4runner, $68 each, you need 2.
Simply remove the existing seat bolts, then install the spacer under the frame and secure using the new bolt and washer.
Hi Alex, thank you for your recommendation. I just installed the spacers, same ones you recommended, and it works perfectly. It even raised the passenger seat a little bit above the driver’s seat, ja ja. The space created due to the new height is barely noticed. Thank you again Alex

·
Registered
2022 Pathfinder SL
101 Posts
Hi Alex, thank you for your recommendation. I just installed the spacers, same ones you recommended, and it works perfectly. It even raised the passenger seat a little bit above the driver’s seat, ja ja. The space created due to the new height is barely noticed. Thank you again Alex
Hey Pedro - thanks for letting us know.
When you said "The space created due to the new height is barely noticed.", do you mean the space under the seat?
Also, now that you've raised the seat, does it interfere at all with the electronic seat adjustment controls or the seat belt use?

·
Registered
8 Posts
Hey Pedro - thanks for letting us know.
When you said "The space created due to the new height is barely noticed.", do you mean the space under the seat?
Also, now that you've raised the seat, does it interfere at all with the electronic seat adjustment controls or the seat belt use?
I am attaching a couple of pictures for you to see how it looks.

Attachments

·
Registered
8 Posts
Pedro,
Thanks for the pictures. Did you stack all 3 spacers at each seat bolt? I assume that would add 1.5" to seat height. Did you raise seat at all 4 mounting points? Thanks
I used three spacers for the back and two for the front. it is high enough now, 1.5”. I went to a car seat upholstery, and it took the technician only about 20 min….he only charged $50 for his service.

·
Registered
12 Posts
Just got the car the other day. The seat height doesn’t bother either one of us. My gf said it’s perfectly fine. She’s 5’5”. Good to know there is an option to raise it. But she has no issue. So far the vehicle is really nice. Trying to adhere to the engine Break-in period of 1,200 miles per manual.

·
Registered
6 Posts
I have a thought on this. I just purchased a 2022 SL 4WD, and yes the passenger seat is too low. Like most everybody on here, I did not think of sitting in the passenger seat before buying. I have inspected the seat and it makes me wonder if Nissan may have had plans for an 8 way adjustable seat and utilized the low-riser rails designed for this type of seat. Perhaps upon learning of the unavailability of power seat actuators and motors, they simply changed to 4 way without changing to the proper mid-riser seat rails. This keeps the seat in what would be the lowest seat position for an 8 way seat.. Very Frustrating. Of course this is just me over-thinking this. My main concern is the airbag positioning as a result of this. My wife is 5'3" at best. The seat riser jackers mentioned in this thread are an idea; however, the plastic covers will hover 1" above the carpet, and far more importantly, I am concerned about the force of impact from an accident being absorbed by the longer bolts Hopefully Nissan will do the right thing and replace the actual seat rails. Aside from that, the car is great.

·
Registered
2022 Nissan Pathfinder (SL) FWD
105 Posts
As Nissan shares parts across models and trims, I wonder if there's a set of factory rails from another model that would serve better for the PF? Heck, maybe even from the Infiniti cousin, the new QX 60...

·
Registered
6 Posts
Great point. There likely is a (taller) seat rail from another model, or supplier that would solve the problem quite easily. I have not checked with any of the Volkswagen dealers yet. It might be tough to get them to fully understand what we’re looking for. If anybody on this forum can weigh-in, it will be greatly appreciated. For the job to be done correctly, it needs to be new seat rails, and not just risers between the rail and the floorboards. Let’s work together to make this happen! Thanks

·
Registered
2022 Pathfinder SL
101 Posts
I have a thought on this. I just purchased a 2022 SL 4WD, and yes the passenger seat is too low. Like most everybody on here, I did not think of sitting in the passenger seat before buying. I have inspected the seat and it makes me wonder if Nissan may have had plans for an 8 way adjustable seat and utilized the low-riser rails designed for this type of seat. Perhaps upon learning of the unavailability of power seat actuators and motors, they simply changed to 4 way without changing to the proper mid-riser seat rails. This keeps the seat in what would be the lowest seat position for an 8 way seat.. Very Frustrating. Of course this is just me over-thinking this. My main concern is the airbag positioning as a result of this. My wife is 5'3" at best. The seat riser jackers mentioned in this thread are an idea; however, the plastic covers will hover 1" above the carpet, and far more importantly, I am concerned about the force of impact from an accident being absorbed by the longer bolts Hopefully Nissan will do the right thing and replace the actual seat rails. Aside from that, the car is great.
I don't think you're overthinking this at all - they are all valid and practical ideas and suggestions. If what you say is so, this should be addressed by Nissan USA!
Great point. There likely is a (taller) seat rail from another model, or supplier that would solve the problem quite easily. I have not checked with any of the Volkswagen dealers yet. It might be tough to get them to fully understand what we’re looking for. If anybody on this forum can weigh-in, it will be greatly appreciated. For the job to be done correctly, it needs to be new seat rails, and not just risers between the rail and the floorboards. Let’s work together to make this happen! Thanks
That's a great suggestion - how to we go about getting Nissan USA to address this!
I really would like to see the seat in its proper position without doing an after-market modification that could be inappropriate and even unsafe with an airbag deployment for the front seat passenger!

21 - 40 of 51 Posts