Nissan Pathfinder Forum banner
1 - 20 of 53 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I bought a 2022 SL 3 months ago. So far it has been a nice car. It's my wife's car and it is the one used for all family trips. The main and only complaint that my wife has about it is the passenger seat height. It is way too low. My wife is 5' 6" and she likes sitting high. I have seen a few posts within some threads with same complaint. I am trying to keep this thread active so people can share any ways to raise the seat.

Although my wife likes driving the car, she is getting close to considering selling it due to the seat height. We are using a booster cushion that we bought from Amazon, but it is not an ideal scenario.

·
Administrator
2013 Pathfinder SL, Connecticut, USA
4,986 Posts
The '22 SL does not have power front seats that can be raised?

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
The '22 SL does not have power front seats that can be raised?
Surprisingly, the passenger power seat can only move forward/backward and the seatback can be moved forward/backward. No other adjustments available for the passenger seat. The driver seat has additional adjustment options. It is the same way also in the Platinum. A stupid cost cutting measure from Nissan. It wouldn't have been too bad if the passenger seat level was reasonable, but it is way too low.

·
Administrator
2013 Pathfinder SL, Connecticut, USA
4,986 Posts
So since you said this is your wife's vehicle, is the driver's seat high enough for her at the highest setting? You didn't notice this when you test drove it?

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
So since you said this is your wife's vehicle, is the driver's seat high enough for her at the highest setting? You didn't notice this when you test drove it?
The driver side is high enough for her, even without being at the highest setting. we did not notice the low passenger seat height during test drive. Attention was paid only to driver's seat to make sure it was comfortable enough. Live and learn!!

You see the issue mentioned in threads below. I am hoping Nissan comes up with a spacer kit to raise the seat. Wishful thinking!!

·
Registered
16 Posts
The driver side is high enough for her, even without being at the highest setting. we did not notice the low passenger seat height during test drive. Attention was paid only to driver's seat to make sure it was comfortable enough. Live and learn!!

You see the issue mentioned in threads below. I am hoping Nissan comes up with a spacer kit to raise the seat. Wishful thinking!!

Yah wishful thinking...... very disappointed in this vehicle. I have owned a lot of new vehicles over the years and this is by far the worst.

·
Registered
2 Posts
A friend of mine was here today and I was mentioning the low passenger seat and he said he has a 2021 Altima with the same issue. Looks like Nissan has this issue with other vehicles. I had to buy a seat cushion off of Amazon, just so my wife can see out the windshield.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Surprisingly, the passenger power seat can only move forward/backward and the seatback can be moved forward/backward. No other adjustments available for the passenger seat. The driver seat has additional adjustment options. It is the same way also in the Platinum. A stupid cost cutting measure from Nissan. It wouldn't have been too bad if the passenger seat level was reasonable, but it is way too low.
YES, it is a pain. The seat is way too low. My wife is only 5’1”, so she can only see the dashboard. I called Nissan and they said that unfortunately the SL came with that seat. I have had 5 Pathfinders SL, and this 2022 is the only one with that problem. We came to notice whan I got home with the car and took my wife for a ride…..Nissan said that they cannot fix it…..What a shame..

·
Registered
4 Posts
I bought a 2022 SL 3 months ago. So far it has been a nice car. It's my wife's car and it is the one used for all family trips. The main and only complaint that my wife has about it is the passenger seat height. It is way too low. My wife is 5' 6" and she likes sitting high. I have seen a few posts within some threads with same complaint. I am trying to keep this thread active so people can share any ways to raise the seat.

Although my wife likes driving the car, she is getting close to considering selling it due to the seat height. We are using a booster cushion that we bought from Amazon, but it is not an ideal scenario.
Hi there, i had the same complaint and bought 2 seat spacer kits off amazon. I bought 2 kits in order to get two sets of the smaller bolts and spacers as i raised all 4 mounting points. Took me about half hr to install, really easy and raised the seat about 1.5 inches. Buy 2 kits and use all 4 of the largest spacers and 4 of the shorter bolts. The kit on amazon was called "seat spacers lift jackers, compatible with toyota tacoma/4runner, $68 each, you need 2.
Simply remove the existing seat bolts, then install the spacer under the frame and secure using the new bolt and washer.

·
Registered
74 Posts
Hi there, i had the same complaint and bought 2 seat spacer kits off amazon. I bought 2 kits in order to get two sets of the smaller bolts and spacers as i raised all 4 mounting points. Took me about half hr to install, really easy and raised the seat about 1.5 inches. Buy 2 kits and use all 4 of the largest spacers and 4 of the shorter bolts. The kit on amazon was called "seat spacers lift jackers, compatible with toyota tacoma/4runner, $68 each, you need 2.
Simply remove the existing seat bolts, then install the spacer under the frame and secure using the new bolt and washer.
Hello, were you able to re-use the plastic covers over the seat bolts after you installed the spacers? Do you have any pictures post install?

Thanks much,

·
Registered
4 Posts
Hey can you please list the exact spacers you bought from Amazon? I can't seem to find the ones for $68.

·
Registered
2022 Pathfinder SL
109 Posts
Well, that is a cool 'fix', johnnysears! I have the same concern with the passenger seat, too. When you added the spacers did it compromise the operation of the 4-way adjustment of the seat? If it did not, I think I will look into this - it sounds like a practical fix!!
Thanks!!

·
Registered
2 Posts
Well, that is a cool 'fix', johnnysears! I have the same concern with the passenger seat, too. When you added the spacers did it compromise the operation of the 4-way adjustment of the seat? If it did not, I think I will look into this - it sounds like a practical fix!!
Thanks!!
just curious, after installing the spacers did the plastic molding around the front bracket that the seat slides on was it still on the carpet or was it 1.5" above the carpet? looks like this will be a place where the ladies will be cutting their heals.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Thanks!!
I confirmed with Nissan that it would not compromise the operation of the of the seat and it would not void the cars warranty (my wife's concern).

1 - 20 of 53 Posts