Nissan Pathfinder Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
I have a 2003 pathfinder le. Everytime I turn on the car my parking lamps and rear break lights turn on (I refer to this as parking light mode). Now I have the headlight switch turned to off and the sensor in the windshid isn't blocked. The light switch works in the other modes but no matter what I do I can't get the parking light mode to go off. What can it be? The lights do turn off when I shut the car off.

·
Registered
2019 Nissan Pathfinder SV 4x4
1,239 Posts
I'd guess at a bad / corroded ground. You'd need a wiring diagram to determine where it is.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I also have a fog light out. That wouldn't cause the lights to go on as like a warning no?

·
Registered
2019 Nissan Pathfinder SV 4x4
1,239 Posts
I also have a fog light out. That wouldn't cause the lights to go on as like a warning no?
Hard to say. If it's just one fog out, it's likely just a bad lamp in that fog.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Okay. Figured that. The dealer wants 500 just to diagnose the problem. Could it be a bad headlight switch?

·
Registered
1999 Nissan Pathfinder SE 4WD
5 Posts
Okay. Figured that. The dealer wants 500 just to diagnose the problem. Could it be a bad headlight switch?
Yes it could. I would disconnect the switch and test for continuity in the on and off positions referring to a wiring diagram.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts