Nissan Pathfinder Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Is it possible to pair an iphone and a Samsung to BT at the same time? That is, pair both phones and both phones in the car (auto connecting to BT) at same time?

If so, and there is a different way to pair each phone, how is it done?

·
Super Moderator
2013 Pathfinder SL, Connecticut, USA
4,581 Posts
Not quite sure what you mean by "at the same time". Yes, both phones (in fact, several) can be paired to the car, but you obviously can't have two simultaneous conversations going on at the same time through Bluetooth.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Not quite sure what you mean by "at the same time". Yes, both phones (in fact, several) can be paired to the car, but you obviously can't have two simultaneous conversations going on at the same time through Bluetooth.
Thanks for your response.

Of course, 2 simultaneous conversations going on at same time is not possible.

My confusion stems from how the car manages the connections?

For example, the iphone and Samsung are in the car at the same time. I assume both will pair to the car Bluetooth system automatically? When a call comes through, to Samsung which is set to auto answer, that call will go through the car Bluetooth system? Once that call is complete another call comes through to iphone (is it possible to set up iphones for auto answer?). This call, when accepted, will come through car Bluetooth?

Apologies for not being clear in my OP.

Grateful for further guidance.

🙂

·
Super Moderator
2015 Pathfinder SL - Tech 4WD
2,769 Posts
You can only pair one phone for BT-audio and one phone for calls at the same time. So, up to two phones but not for the same function.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
You can only pair one phone for BT-audio and one phone for calls at the same time. So, up to two phones but not for the same function.

Thanks.

"....., up to two phones but not for the same function"

That statement clearly answers my question. I cannot pair 2 phones and use both to receive and/or make calls. That is how it is back home in Scotland but I had hoped it may be different with US Nissan.

Thanks again for your clear response.

·
Registered
2019 Pathfinder S
22 Posts
Is it possible to pair an iphone and a Samsung to BT at the same time? That is, pair both phones and both phones in the car (auto connecting to BT) at same time?

Yes, I have two phones paired, you cand select which one is active on one of the screens.

·
Registered
17 Posts

I have a 2015 Pathfinder. Multiple phones can be paired. The car will choose which one to connect to when multiple are present. Only one is active at a time. I did not know another could be active for audio at the same time another is connected for cell calls.

·
Super Moderator
2015 Pathfinder SL - Tech 4WD
2,769 Posts
And the trick to switch phones while in motion is to turn off the Bluetooth on the phone currently connected... the Pathfinder will then connect to any other available that has been previously paired.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts