Nissan Pathfinder Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am really OCD about rock chips and scratches and I realize there's not much you can do about them, we all have to drive our vehicles as a part of our daily routine. So how does anyone feel about the PPF, worth it, not worth it. Do clay bars work better. Then theres Turtle wax ceramic coating vs Meguiars hybrid ceramic wax. Would love opinions on what everyone thinks is the best way to go.

·
Registered
2019 Nissan Pathfinder SV 4x4
558 Posts
To me the only thing that's going to work most reliably for things like stone chips is wrapping the most vulnerable areas in 3M clear wrapping (or what ever it's called). I'm not a Ziebart fan, but I know they offer this service. I'm sure there's others.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
To me the only thing that's going to work most reliably for things like stone chips is wrapping the most vulnerable areas in 3M clear wrapping (or what ever it's called). I'm not a Ziebart fan, but I know they offer this service. I'm sure there's others.
Gonna order a 3M PPF Pro laser cut out of the PF from a vendor on Amazon for around $300. A quote from a PPF shop in town came in at $1800. I'd rather install it myself.

·
Registered
235 Posts
I agree, no product is going to avoid you getting rock chips, the only real thing that will slow down the destruction of your paint will definitely be a clear film. Its pretty expensive stuff, and if you are willing to install it yourself (with patience) you can save hundreds.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I agree, no product is going to avoid you getting rock chips, the only real thing that will slow down the destruction of your paint will definitely be a clear film. Its pretty expensive stuff, and if you are willing to install it yourself (with patience) you can save hundreds.
Yeah I agree, my wife is worried about it getting dropped or not being aligned properly but with some extra patience I am confident that we can get it set on the vehicle just right. These films are really expensive and I personally feel knowing that it's your own vehicle you're working on, it will come out perfect.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts