Nissan Pathfinder Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

Registered
2015 Pathfinder
Have no advice but feel ur pain.

Wife used to have a 2000 Volvo that sprung a small hole leak in the radiator ( not the kind you JB weld over ). I ordered a radiator online and after receiving it, took the car to my buddy's house to change it out cause he has a great flat driveway.

Found out you gotta remove all kinda front end crap to get the radiator out. And upon installing the new one, discovered that the fluid line connections didnt match. Went to every chain auto part store to find a new radiator but all they could order was the same design i already had.

Ended up going to a sketchy looking radiator repair/replace shop up the road and talked to this old weathered guy who knew EXACTLY what my problem was. Said that Volvo changed the radiator line connections the last couple months of my year model. Offered to order the CORRECT one as long as I paid the cost. I took him up, and gave him $40 for the trouble. I was able to return the old radiator at no cost.

Only other crappy thing was that the connecting lines needed these EXACT plastic clips to secure them in place. I tried using similar looking generic clips but they didnt fit/work. Had to go to freekin Volvo dealership and pay like $20 for two clips with about as much plastic as a few zip ties. 馃え

Registered
2015 Pathfinder
Oh... and the bonus suck is when its your wife's car... not yours. You get the added stress of being responsible for ensuring her safety and vehicle dependability. Hope you solve the problem Jman.

Registered
2015 Pathfinder
Jman, just wanted to say I appreciate the detail you put into the original post. Sorry I couldnt help. Describing the problem, working through to solution ( crossing fingers it happens ) will likely save people hours and $$ should their Pathfinder experience the same issue.

And just to be sure, you have a 2014-15 Pathfinder, correct? I saw you wrote:
According to my built date of 11/2004, I should need PN 226A0-BV81B

I think it was supposed to read 11/2014, right? My Pathfinder is about the same age, so I am extra-interested in this discussion.

Seabass

1 - 4 of 4 Posts