Nissan Pathfinder Forum banner

41 - 48 of 48 Posts

·
Registered
35 Posts
Discussion Starter #41
Well still overheating! Must be the head gasket! It takes a little time and heat to build up steam so I think when the engine gets hot the crack, gasket or gasket block sealer ( blue devil) if previous owner use it opens up pumping hot compression air into the cooling system. Any thoughts?? Goes back to the shop Tuesday. Thanks!

·
Registered
125 Posts
Man I'm stumped, so with the thermostats removed it still over heats? Makes me wonder if there's cooling system sealer blocking flow. I was young and dumb used 3 or more tubes of aluma radiator seal in my 85 V8 ram 1500 and 5 months later started having cooling issues.The mechanic pulled the heads and freeze plugs from the block to clean out the sealer. Cost me alot of headache till I learned but the way he figured it out was the heater core was clogged not allowing heat to come through the vents. He looked closely at the water pump belts and discovered oil was barely leaking from the front seal to the crank pulley an the belts causing it to slip from the fan drag and not turning the water pump fast enough to circulate coolant, thus causing a head gasket to leak, so I kept adding city water at each fill up station. Life long lesson back in those days making $4.25 an hour lol

·
Registered
35 Posts
Discussion Starter #43
I must confess I haven’t replaced the second thermostat so before I take it in I’m going to replace it. When it last overheated I turned the heater up it ran cold then minutes later it baked me then went cold and continued back and forth for 30 miles until I got home.

·
Registered
35 Posts
Discussion Starter #44
I finally got that secondary thermostat out without removing the manifold base and injectors. Stuck it in boiling water didn’t open.? I’m hoping to get the parts on Tuesday and on the road Wednesday.

·
Registered
35 Posts
Discussion Starter #45
Water valve was the problem! Runs great never moves off 8oclock on temp gauge. It wasn’t as complicated as I thought much easier to put back together Than I thought! Thanks Jman! My fault for not going to the only thing I didn’t do last year!! Tejas MTB go for it ! Good luck!

·
Registered
35 Posts
Discussion Starter #48
Jman pathfinder was running great for a while today it was idling up and down I reset the idle on-off- disconnect brown wire harness idled fine then back to up and down then overheated again? Heater blowing cold air again. Nothing left but fan clutch or possible code o2 sensor. I’m at wits end! Help?

41 - 48 of 48 Posts