Nissan Pathfinder Forum banner

21 - 24 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Hello. My 2014 was sadly totaled last weekend ( thankfully my daughter and I are fine). I'm thinking about replacing it with a 2017...thoughts? Are they still having the same transmissions problems? Mine seemed to have been fine, although they found transmission codes when they were debating whether it was going to be totaled or not. They are thinking the accident jolted the transmissions but knowing the 2014 history, I'm not sure. If there were problems that I wasn't aware of yet, I'm wondering if I dodged a bullet with mine at 71K.
I purchased a 2017 Pathfinder in January of 2017. So far, it's been great. No problems with transmission or engine. Have approximately 15,000 miles on the vehicle. I believe that the Pathfinder was totally redesigned for 2017.

Sent from my XT1254 using Tapatalk

·
Registered
2 Posts
the law suit was for the CVT transmissions in the '13-14 model year. A 2017 Pathy will have the new DI 3.5L engine and updated CVT. I have a 2016 with 12k and so far it's been 100% trouble free.

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk
46,000 MILES BOUGHT BRAND NEW FROM ROYAL NISSAN DEALERSHIP. TRANSMISSION WENT OUT. MADE PAYMENTS EARLY AND ON TIME. WILL NEVER BUY NISSAN AGAIN.

·
Registered
2 Posts
JUST FOR CLARIFICATION. I BOUGHT THIS VEHICLE NEW FRESH OFF THE LOT AND THE TRANSMISSION GAVE OUT AT 46,000 MILES. I KEPT THE OIL CHANGED AND DID NOT RIDE THIS VEHICLE ROUGH. TOOK EXCELLENT CARE OF IT AND THE TRANSMISSION GAVE OUT ON ME AT 46,000 MILES. WENT TO LEAVE WORK AND GOT STUCK IN THE MIDDLE OF MY JOBS PARKING LOT. JUST SITTING THERE. MY VEHICLE WAS ONE OF THE NEWEST AND BEST LOOKING THERE AND YET I WAS STUCK IN SUCH A MISLEADING AND EMBARRASSING POSITION. LET'S NOT FORGET THE FINANCIAL BURDEN. IF YOU ARE THINKING ABOUT BUYING THIS VEHICLE PLEASE CONSIDER THE EVENTUAL EXPENSE AND THE FACT THAT THIS VEHICLE WILL NOT LAST LONG. GOOD LUCK!

21 - 24 of 24 Posts