Nissan Pathfinder Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

Registered
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Its coming up to Oil and Filter Change (at 79500 miles). Its probably gonna cost around $70 IF I dont DIY.

It got me thinking, does anyone use or can recommend an Oil Extractor Vaccum Pump?

Grateful for your thoughts.

馃檪

Registered
2019 Nissan Pathfinder SV 4x4
I have a small TRAC brand ~3.2 quart fluid/oil extractor that I've used for other small fluid reservoirs and it works well. To me, an engine oil/filter change is too easy on a VQ35 powered pathfinder to bother with anything else. The filter is a little awkward in that the easiest way to access it is to pry your hand between the plastic fender liner and the subfame to get at it and it dribbles oil on the subframe when you loosen it, but you don't need to raise the vehicle off the ground and one big drain pan will suffice. Everything is accessible laying down under the front bumper.

Reactions: StuWoolf

Registered
I have an EWK pump from ebay that my entire shop uses on a daily basis. I chose this one because you can either manually pump it or hook it up to shop air to extract. I bought some accessories so I can use it to do nearly every fluid service with it. It's most commonly used for power steering and brake fluid. Bleeding brakes after replacing a caliper takes about 10 seconds with it.

All of that being said, they do pull fluids very slowly when used manually. If I didn't want the air adapter, I'd just get one from harbor freight. This is an excellent option if you have a Honda with a stripped drain plug and you don't know if it will go back on next time, or you are avoiding transmission pan gaskets.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts