Nissan Pathfinder Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a 2014 Pathfinder, with 180k miles. Recently it started to make a odd sound, it is hard to explain the sound, but the best way I can describe it is it sounds like a idling diesel engine running. I can hear it while in any gear and the sound does not change as I accelerate or deaccelerate. While the car is in park, the sound is the loudest at the drivers side floorboard. the sound appears to be traveling from somewhere, I do not see anything under the floorboard that would make any sounds. When I open the hood I cannot hear it. Anyone have any idea what it can be? I have a audio memo recording of the sound on my iPhone, but cannot figure out how to attach it to this post, anyone know how to do that?

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
I have a 2014 Pathfinder, with 180k miles. Recently it started to make a odd sound, it is hard to explain the sound, but the best way I can describe it is it sounds like a idling diesel engine running. I can hear it while in any gear and the sound does not change as I accelerate or deaccelerate. While the car is in park, the sound is the loudest at the drivers side floorboard. the sound appears to be traveling from somewhere, I do not see anything under the floorboard that would make any sounds. When I open the hood I cannot hear it. Anyone have any idea what it can be? I have a audio memo recording of the sound on my iPhone, but cannot figure out how to attach it to this post, anyone know how to do that?
I found this video on another post, that is exactly the sound my PF is making.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I could not figure out how to post a video, but it sounds exactly the same as the sound you posted in your video and I post on #2 of this trend. But good news, my wife said she has not heard the sound for two days now. So, replacing the fuel dampers has resolved the issue for now. Thank you for the help, I would’ve never figured it out without this forum.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts