Nissan Pathfinder Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
55 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Does anyone know where the OBDII Data Link Connector is in the 2014 PF? Maybe I didn't look hard enough - but can't seem to locate it, and I want to plug in my ELM327 to sync up with my Torque app.

·
Registered
342 Posts
Did you get yours to work? On my 2013 Pathfinder the ELM 327 seems to be kind of flaky. It sometimes connects but rarely. Most of the time the Torque app just tries different protocols but doesn't connect. On the 2002 BMW the same adapter works 100% of the time so I doubt the adapter is the problem. Here were my thoughts:
1. I think the OBD2 connector does not fit as tight on the Pathfinder as on the BMW and you have to play with it to get it right. If you push hard on it it tries to retreat inside instead of getting a tighter fit so not sure if the fit is accurate. The lights on the adapter light up so maybe the fit is good.
2. I also think disconnecting the phone where you are running Torque from the phone Bluetooth system in the car has something to do with it... Maybe the Torque app gets confused?

(A) What was your experience with the ELM327?
(B) What steps did you follow to connect? Did you connect when the car was started? Ignition position 1? 2?

·
Registered
123 Posts
Good day PF owners. Dont wanna make another thread just to ask about OBDII. Anyway, a friend of mine told me that having a scanner is a good idea. So im looking to shop for one, and think i will opt for the bluettooth one. So my question is since i own a nissan, im looking for a scanner, if there is, that will also or can detect a CVT trouble codes. Any suggestion? TIA

1 - 5 of 5 Posts