Nissan Pathfinder Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey everyone.
I'm new to the site and I wanted to see if anyone that had the recall done had any issues afterwards. I just got my Pathfinder back from the dealer and I noticed that there's a slight noise coming from the front now. its kind of like when you don't ground an amp properly. I only hear it when the car is at a stop. I also noticed that when I make a full turn the steering whines now. the tech told me that they did a wheel alignment at no charge/favor because they noticed that the truck was pulling to the left; I'm no mechanic but in order to replace to the torque converter you have to drop the tranny and in order to do that you have to remove the axles which would in tern mess up the alignment....yet the alignment was a favor:rolleyes:.

·
Registered
151 Posts
NTB13064 was just a service bulletin, not a recall. I had it done to mine in June and around 1500 miles later the CVT was shuddering again. The next step was replacing the entire CVT, which they just did. That seems to have fixed it for now. As to the noise coming from the front end and steering column, take it back to the dealer and let them know about it, it likely is something that wasn't tightened back down to spec. I had noise coming from the front end and steering wheel after the torque converter replacement and again after the transmission replacement. Both times it just ended up being something loose. They tightened it back up properly and problem solved. I don't know if the techs just get in a hurry to get these jobs done (since Nissan only pays for so many hours of warranty work), or what, but tightening things back down properly seems to be a struggle for them.

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I figured it was something not tightened right or over tightend for that matter. my apt is for tomorrow so we will see what happens. I just wanted to have some sort of understanding as to why the noise so that way when I get there they cant tell me "because of the new part it will do that you have to drive blah blah blah".

1 - 3 of 3 Posts