Nissan Pathfinder Forum banner
1 - 20 of 28 Posts

·
Registered
341 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
If anyone has been on the fence about attempting the lemon law on your PF, now is a great time. I had previously met my 3 repair attempts on the CVT shudder, but not the required 30 days in the shop. Under Georgia law, I was forced to let Nissan have one final repair attempt on my PF before I could proceed with the lemon law. I did that last week, and another new CVT was ordered for my PF.

Fast forward to today. I get a call from my dealership letting me know that it will be 3 or 4 more weeks before the new CVTs will be available to go into PF's. They told me to come and pick my PF up, and just drive it until the CVT comes in. Since they released the vehicle back to me, the final repair attempt requirement is met under Georgia law, and I can proceed with having my PF declared a lemon.

If anyone else is in my position, and needs to let Nissan have a final repair attempt on their PF - now is the perfect time. Nissan can't get their hands on the new CVTs, making it much easier to meet the final repair attempt requirements.

·
Registered
1,259 Posts
Thanks for this post. Getting a new PF rather than making trips to and from the dealer is the best thing, better take a chance now before it gets harder later on.

·
Registered
21 Posts
I am starting my lemon law process now. My pf has been at my dealer since sept 5th and no transmission in sight. Today is the 40th cumulative day without my vehicle with all the fix attempts . Mine was towed in with a check engine light. I have had a dts come look at my pf to confirm the issue. He found a fix for the light which was caused by my dealer after replacing the torque converter. He said it does have the shudder and needs a new transmission but since it has been over my state lemon law requirement of 20 days out of service he was recommending a buy back or replacement vehicle. Since I drove a 2014 for 400 miles and it shuddered more than my 2013 I am getting a buyback.

·
Registered
1,259 Posts
I am starting my lemon law process now. My pf has been at my dealer since sept 5th and no transmission in sight. Today is the 40th cumulative day without my vehicle with all the fix attempts . Mine was towed in with a check engine light. I have had a dts come look at my pf to confirm the issue. He found a fix for the light which was caused by my dealer after replacing the torque converter. He said it does have the shudder and needs a new transmission but since it has been over my state lemon law requirement of 20 days out of service he was recommending a buy back or replacement vehicle. Since I drove a 2014 for 400 miles and it shuddered more than my 2013 I am getting a buyback.
thats crazy, 40 days without your PF. At least you're getting a buy back and it's all working out for you, of course there's no reason why it shouldn't seeing what you went through.

keep us posted on how everything goes.

·
Registered
21 Posts
thats crazy, 40 days without your PF. At least you're getting a buy back and it's all working out for you, of course there's no reason why it shouldn't seeing what you went through.

keep us posted on how everything goes.
I heard from consumer affairs today and they stated I should have a decision within 10 business days.

·
Registered
22 Posts
All these issues is giving me buyers remorse and think I'd been better off taking a chance on a 2014 Grand Cherokee (at least it has better tech and exterior lights!). But given that I just hit 2000 miles and have experienced a "heavy" judder once (maybe twice) I'm starting to worry. After 2 Nissan leases that had excellent CVTs('06 Altima & '10 Maxima) the driveability of this truck is disheartening! Hope I don't get serious issues and if I do, hope Nissan has the final fix! (Otherwise I'll take a buy ack and get the Jeep)

·
Registered
1,206 Posts
has anyone actually gotten the lemon law succeed with the pathfinder?

·
Registered
21 Posts
I just got my buy back intent letter from nissan arbitration this afternoon. We just have to work out the numbers as soon as I provide the required information. I am being told I will only own this pf 2 to 4 more weeks.

·
Registered
341 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
2 people in my 2013 PF owners group on Facebook got the call this week that Nissan is buying back their PF's. Both filed the lemon law paperwork when they hit 30 days in the shop. It seems that Nissan didn't fight them, they are just taking them back. I am hoping to get the same call within the next couple of weeks.

·
Registered
21 Posts
2 people in my 2013 PF owners group on Facebook got the call this week that Nissan is buying back their PF's. Both filed the lemon law paperwork when they hit 30 days in the shop. It seems that Nissan didn't fight them, they are just taking them back. I am hoping to get the same call within the next couple of weeks.
All I did was let them do the repairs until it went to the shop the last time. the pf has been in the shop since Sept 5. I waited out my 20 days then complained to the manager of the dealer and she got her rep on the phone and sent a DTS to look at my issue. Once I had him look at the issue and confirm the issue then told me he would recommend a buy back. I then called consumer affairs. The next day got a call from my regional rep, and told her I wanted a buy back. She called and got the repair history from the dealer. Then called me back and told me that she was sending it on to arbitration. Then the next day I get the call from arbitration and they tell me that nissan is in a position to buy my vehicle and then emailed me the letter of intent to repurchase. I have not had to file any paperwork, I also did not have to call the BBB either. I just have to send in my lender paperwork, my purchase invoice and current registration. So I am just saying a call to consumer affairs might save you some time with BBB or money with a lawyer.

·
Registered
341 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
. So I am just saying a call to consumer affairs might save you some time with BBB or money with a lawyer.
I started with consumer affairs - I have been dealing with them since February - trying for a buyback for months. My service manager also told Nissan that my PF needed to be bought back, but nothing worked. Nissan left me no choice but to use the lemon law.

I think it just varies - some have luck with consumer affairs themselves, some get resolution once their dealership gets involved, and Nissan just says "NO" to others.

·
Registered
341 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
I did. Just got my buy-back letter this morning. Nissan overnighted it to me. Don't have the actual offer yet, just the letter asking for more information, stating that due to me filing the GA lemon law, they were taking back my PF. Oh, and the letter also apologized for any inconvenience my PF or Nissan may have caused me.

Under GA law, Nissan has to give me back my purchase price, less a mileage offset for miles I drove until the first repair attempt. Since my PF shuddered at day 7 and I took it in for the 1st repair attempt at day 20, I will owe Nissan around $160 for mileage - for driving the PF for over 9 months. It is small reward for all the trouble this thing has caused me this year.

·
Premium Member
124 Posts
I did. Just got my buy-back letter this morning. Nissan overnighted it to me. Don't have the actual offer yet, just the letter asking for more information, stating that due to me filing the GA lemon law, they were taking back my PF. Oh, and the letter also apologized for any inconvenience my PF or Nissan may have caused me.

Under GA law, Nissan has to give me back my purchase price, less a mileage offset for miles I drove until the first repair attempt. Since my PF shuddered at day 7 and I took it in for the 1st repair attempt at day 20, I will owe Nissan around $160 for mileage - for driving the PF for over 9 months. It is small reward for all the trouble this thing has caused me this year.
The end of your nightmare....gonna buy a 2014 PF now? hehehe

·
Registered
36 Posts
does anyone know if there's even a lemon law or something like that in Canada? Just in case something goes down haha

·
Registered
341 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
The end of your nightmare....gonna buy a 2014 PF now? hehehe
No, I don't think so - ha ha. No more Nissan's for my family for as long as I live. This experience has forever tainted my view of Nissan as a company.

·
Registered
21 Posts
Well my pathfinder is finally gone. Nissan bought it back under the lemon law. I turned it in to morsley which is nissan buy back company.

·
Registered
151 Posts
Well my pathfinder is finally gone. Nissan bought it back under the lemon law. I turned it in to morsley which is nissan buy back company.
Hand ours over first of the week. We mailed them their final repair attempt and they never responded within the allotted time (pretty sure they knew they couldn't fix it) so we filed lemon and requested buyback; Nissan immediately agreed. Months of built up stress just lifted.

·
Registered
21 Posts
When I turned mine in I asked the individual how many of these they had seen. I was told they have done allot of these buybacks this week, and from all of the dealerships in my area. It is not just the pathfinders he said it was altimas and maxima's too.

I imagine that nissan is having a real hard time currently with so many vehicles that have this faulty designed transmission, and the ability to rectify the issue.

I can't believe they are not stopping the production, or the sale of these vehicles until they can come up with a fix for the issue. All they are doing is making more and more people unhappy.

·
Registered
113 Posts
Good for you man. With all this discussion about the infamous PF judder, I am fortunate that I did not get this symptoms on my PF Platinum '13. Fingers crossed that I would not have that issue because I have become really fond of my new PF.

Reactions: Pathfinder2013Owner

·
Premium Member
124 Posts
I think they should offer ALL PF owners, an extended Powertrain warranty for peace of mind. We're all petrified ...even owners like me, who haven't had a single problem (knock on wood)

1 - 20 of 28 Posts