Nissan Pathfinder Forum banner
1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I bought the WeatherTech DigitalFit floor liner for the first and second row of my 2014 Pathfinder, and now I'm looking for something to put in the third row.

Anyone else in the same boat and find a good product? I know Husky makes one for the 3rd row, but I'm wondering if it would overlap with the 2nd row WeatherTech liners since they are longer than the Husky.

·
Registered
233 Posts
I bought the WeatherTech DigitalFit floor liner for the first and second row of my 2014 Pathfinder, and now I'm looking for something to put in the third row.

Anyone else in the same boat and find a good product? I know Husky makes one for the 3rd row, but I'm wondering if it would overlap with the 2nd row WeatherTech liners since they are longer than the Husky.
Sorry can't help. I bought the Nissan ones and think they are great. Maybe you can buy the 3rd row separate?

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I've seen a picture of the third row and they are just two separate rectangular mats. I ended up buying the Husky 3rd row liner. It fits fine and it doesn't have any smell. I would say it's a little bit more flimsy then the WeatherTech ones in the 1st and 2nd row, but it gets the job done.

·
Registered
1,206 Posts
They definitely have a glossier look compared to the weathertechs.

·
Premium Member
249 Posts
Not a bad alterantive I would give them a try. Weather techs are pretty expensive if you ask me. But it does help during the winter that no spills off slush go on the carpet.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Bringing up an old thread. There is a 3rd row option now from Weathertech. The issue I had was the 3rd row has nothing for the mat to latch onto. My kids getting in/out would make it slide around/under the 2nd row seating. I wrote them and they sent me some velcro strips which hopefully will fix it (TBD).

·
Administrator
2013 Pathfinder SL, Connecticut, USA
4,771 Posts
It's funny... the Nissan all-weather mats that I have have hundreds of little "fingers" that stick into the base carpet. No way are they going anywhere! I'm surprised to hear that the Weathertech mats don't have something like that.

BTW, did you remove the carpeted mats before putting your all-weather mats down?

I do have a Weathertech mat for behind my third row and noted that it has a smooth surface underneath.

·
Registered
379 Posts
I have the complete set of 3 rows of both Nissan rubber mats and the 3 rows of Weathertech. The first 2 rows of Weathertech are way better than the Nissan rubber winter mats but a big disappointment as far as the Weathertech 3rd row mat goes, its about the same size and protection as the Nissan mat, maybe because of the seat tracks and limited area size but if I could do it again I would only purchase the first 2 rows.

·
Administrator
4,771 Posts
Larry, what makes the 3rd row Weathertech mats a disappointment? Is it just the area they cover, or are you experiencing the same issue as Hilbe? Are the 3rd row Nissan mats better as far as that goes?

·
Registered
379 Posts
Larry, what makes the 3rd row Weathertech mats a disappointment? Is it just the area they cover, or are you experiencing the same issue as Hilbe? Are the 3rd row Nissan mats better as far as that goes?
The Nissan mats in the 3rd row stay put better than the Weathertech because its a sticker rubber rather than the plasticy texture of the Weathertech but I'm disappointed in both of them as far as area they cover. Any pair of melting boots in the 3rd row will more than likely hang over either one of the mats and leak on the floor carpet.

·
Registered
8 Posts
It's funny... the Nissan all-weather mats that I have have hundreds of little "fingers" that stick into the base carpet. No way are they going anywhere! I'm surprised to hear that the Weathertech mats don't have something like that.

BTW, did you remove the carpeted mats before putting your all-weather mats down?

I do have a Weathertech mat for behind my third row and noted that it has a smooth surface underneath.
I did remove the factory carpet mats first. The bottom of the weathertechs is smooth. The stick-on velcro they sent me appears to work so far - kids in and out probably 3 or 4 times.

They sent me 2 ~8 inch strips. I put them parallel to the 3rd row seat at the edge closest to the seat. I pulled off the carpet-like side of the velcro and threw it away, as then the hook side of the velcro latches directly to the floor of the pathfinder.

·
Registered
8 Posts
The Nissan mats in the 3rd row stay put better than the Weathertech because its a sticker rubber rather than the plasticy texture of the Weathertech but I'm disappointed in both of them as far as area they cover. Any pair of melting boots in the 3rd row will more than likely hang over either one of the mats and leak on the floor carpet.
Write their customer service. They sent me out the velcro strips for free.

I'm debating if I should ask for another set to guarantee no movement of the mat.

·
Administrator
4,771 Posts
Write their customer service. They sent me out the velcro strips for free.

I'm debating if I should ask for another set to guarantee no movement of the mat.
Velcro is cheap. You can pick up a roll at a hardware store for under $5.00.

I think larry's issue is that the mats themselves are not cut close enough to the seat runners so that it's easy for snow and slush to get in there.

·
Administrator
2015 Pathfinder SL - Tech 4WD
3,011 Posts
I bought the OEM all weather mats and I thought they were a pretty good deal until I actually got in the second and third row and saw how small and weird shaped they are.
In my opinion the issue is not the mats, its that the second row tracks are built into the floor and the mats have to allow for the seat's travel. Other brands like Toyota's rear seats have the track built on the seat (same as the first row seats), the way Nissan designed it allows for all kind of debris (dirt, salt & water) to get into the tracks.

·
Administrator
4,771 Posts
Other brands like Toyota's rear seats have the track built on the seat (same as the first row seats), the way Nissan designed it allows for all kind of debris (dirt, salt & water) to get into the tracks.
That may be true, but the way the Pathfinder's seats slide and fold is rather unique and makes it easier for 3rd row passengers to enter/exit. I guess that's just a down side for this innovation.

1 - 20 of 24 Posts