Nissan Pathfinder Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
41 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Both share the same platform and engine options. Obviously the Infiniti is the higher luxury brand. The JX35 retails for $42k and the Pathfinder for just under $30k.

Where does the extra $12k go? What extra features comes with the Infiniti that isn't on the Nissan?

·
Registered
186 Posts
Great Point JBulmahn and why I choose the Pathfinder. It was an easy decision to make that saved me $12K over a comparably equipped JX. The cars are 95% identical minus a few features that while are nice to have are not dealbreakers. Key differences missing from pathfinders are HID Headlights and host of nanny safety features such as Backup Sensor with brake control, Blind Spot Indicator, Lane Departure Warning, Intelligent cruise control & Brake Assist. Admittedly some of these would be nice to have on the Pathfinder such as HID and Blind Spot but for 12K I will gladly ensure that I am a more aware driver on the road. Sometimes I fear that Drivers will rely on the car safety systems too much in making driving decisions and if one of these systems fail an acccident may happen anyway because need has been eliminated. On the plus side the JX turned out to be a lot more "buggy" and has the first generation CVT. Maybe in 3-4 years once both platforms mature and perhaps also offer a good value hybrid model I would consider evaluating these cars against each other again. For now the Path easily wins this round!

·
Registered
1,206 Posts
I believe there are a few other threads where this has been discussed in full.

There are features on the JX you cannot get on the Pathfinder. It is a more premium vehicle.

Having those HID headlights is a big bonus of the JX.

·
Registered
1,259 Posts
One of the biggest disappointments on the new Nissan Pathfinder are the lack of HID's with Projectors, more so projectors cause we can easily add HID's to them, can't say the same for projectors. It's also a good example of what the JX has that the PF doesn't!

Thankfully the JX has them, and it's a big plus to owning the JX.

Overall, the JX is "better" if you want a "premium" vehicle. If you don't care for all that jazz than get the Pathfinder.

·
Registered
234 Posts
Great Point JBulmahn and why I choose the Pathfinder. It was an easy decision to make that saved me $12K over a comparably equipped JX. The cars are 95% identical minus a few features that while are nice to have are not dealbreakers. Key differences missing from pathfinders are HID Headlights and host of nanny safety features such as Backup Sensor with brake control, Blind Spot Indicator, Lane Departure Warning, Intelligent cruise control & Brake Assist. Admittedly some of these would be nice to have on the Pathfinder such as HID and Blind Spot but for 12K I will gladly ensure that I am a more aware driver on the road. Sometimes I fear that Drivers will rely on the car safety systems too much in making driving decisions and if one of these systems fail an acccident may happen anyway because need has been eliminated. On the plus side the JX turned out to be a lot more "buggy" and has the first generation CVT. Maybe in 3-4 years once both platforms mature and perhaps also offer a good value hybrid model I would consider evaluating these cars against each other again. For now the Path easily wins this round!
Excellent recap of the differences. Also, it's hard to compare the $12k variance because of the way they package the features. A mid level Pathfinder actually has more features standard than a mid-level JX. So, not only are you paying less, you get more with the Pathfinder.

As for the CVT, the Pathfinder uses a chain while the JX uses a belt. It's why our towing capacity is higher.

I liked the interior of the Pathfinder and the exterior of the JX better.

But in the end, a minimum of $12k difference was way too much to get features that honestly, I don't need. Nice-to-haves, not need-to-haves.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts