Nissan Pathfinder Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
1,259 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Moving away from Pathfinder reviews from the typical automotive reviewers from autoblog, autoguide, KBB, etc .... here's one from a blog that got a 2013 Pathfinder for a week, see what they have to say below.

originally from mommysfavoritethings.com

Looking for a very affordable SUV that seats 7 and gets an average of 21 mpg? Then the Nissan Pathfinder is perfect for your family.​

The 2013 Nissan Pathfinder gets 19 and 25mpg so this SUV gets decent gas mileage for a large SUV.
I used this Pathfinder the entire week I had it. I had 3 appointments that week and we even made a trip to the zoo, the car was returned with 1/2 tank of gas! It's not a gas guzzler at all and that is a feature that I look for in a vehicle.

This SUV starts at a base price of $28,650 and it has plenty of features that any family would love.​
One of my personal favorites is the push start. As long as the key is within a certain amount of feet from the car you can push the brake and push the button. This allows me to leave my keys in my purse while in the car and start it without issue.
Also on the outside of the front doors is a button, if the doors are locked you can push that button and it unlocks that door so you can get in. You can not lock your key in the car :)

It also has the wonderful rear backup camera. And if you turn your wheel the yellow bar turns with you to show you exactly where you're going.

When you are in park and put the car in reverse the side mirrors rotate down to allow you to see if you're going to run over/hit something

and they pop back up when you put it in drive

The Pathfinder easily and comfortably seats 7 passengers. Two in the front seats, three in the 2nd row and two in the very back. Most 3rd rows are pretty hard to get to, but Nissan's EZ Flex Seating System makes it very easy.​

You pull the lever up

It brings up the leg

and then you push the seat forward to easily access the third row.

Both rows of seats completely fold down to expose 79.8 cu ft of space.​

If that wasn't enough space there is also a hidden storage compartment in the trunk

Even my husband at 5'10" and 260 pounds was able to very comfortably fit in the 2nd row of this vehicle.

Overall this vehicle was a breeze to drive. It is a 4x4 and you can set it to automatic or lock it in 4x4 mode.​

It has heated seats and has a gorgeous center console area. As well as steering wheel mounted controls.
The Nissan Pathfinder is a great family vehicle and has plenty of space for a growing family.

The 2013 Nissan Pathfinder has received an award for the Highest Government Side-Impact Safety Rating, definitely a wonderful award to have on your vehicle if you have children.

If you're looking for a gorgeous SUV this may be it for you. I highly recommend this SUV for anyone looking for one!​

*Disclaimer, I received a Nissan Pathfinder for a 1 week test drive. All opinions here are 100% my own and I was not compensated to write this post, other than receiving the vehicle.​

·
Registered
82 Posts
i expected more from someone who has a vehicle for a week to be reviewed, i could tell everyone the same thing from just looking at a pathfinder in person at a dealership without it even leaving the lot. But it is good if you just want to skip through the technical gear-head info and get right to it's main features.

·
Registered
150 Posts
Decent review. Given the name of the review site, I expected a review that is tailored more towards mothers and every day tasks such as space for baby seat, or child seats. Or how much groceries can fit in? How many kids can you pack in? It read more like a standard review.

hmph. I hope this post didn't sound sexist.

·
Registered
1,259 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Decent review. Given the name of the review site, I expected a review that is tailored more towards mothers and every day tasks such as space for baby seat, or child seats. Or how much groceries can fit in? How many kids can you pack in? It read more like a standard review.

hmph. I hope this post didn't sound sexist.

Good point on child seats, they should have covered that but it seems like this review was very rushed. But eventually kickingtires.com will show how the various child seat styles fit in the 2013 Pathfinder if they haven't already.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts