Nissan Pathfinder Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello All
I wonder if someone can help me with the problem I have with the remote control key of my NIssan Pathfinder 2014
This morning it sufdenly was not working and could not open the door.
I trieda couple of times and then at teh 3rd or 4th trial the dooe opened.
It gave a "key undected" message so I put the remote control key against the start button and it worked and I drove off.
I then parked and wanted to close the car but it would\nt work -would not lock.
I just locked from inside by pressing the lock button unde rteh door hande near the driver seat
I cam back a couple of ours later and thekey wouldn't open again despite multipe trils.
I then took out the physical key from the remote control sheath and opened the door and the car started beeping. I put the key against the start button na dit would not stop and then I was bale to start and it stopped beeing/honking.
I got home and changed the battery but still had the same problem.
I switched to my spare key and it was working bit in an intermittent manner
Is there something to do at the car's level itself ?
Thanks
Toni

·
Registered
2,524 Posts
I'd start by disconnecting the battery for a few minutes. You'll lose radio presets, but it might work.

·
Registered
334 Posts
Same thing happened to me. My solution was to replace the battery with a name brand battery and make sure it isn't an old one. Try and purchase it from a reputable store and a brand like duracell or energizer. Fixed my problem right away. I went through 4 chinese batteries and even purchased a new keyfob before realizing that was my issue.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts