Nissan Pathfinder Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I read on Nissan FB page that -The dealer, Village Nissan -25 South Unionville Ave., Kennedy Rd. just north of the 407, Markham, ON (Canada) L3R 6B8,in Cannada has stopped selling certain model of 14 Pathfinder..any updates frm US dealers on this...

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Another post today - Dealer Lloyminster Nissan will not release 2014 SL Pathfinder with Almond interior of a QA issue.

·
Registered
1 Posts
I have a 14 PF on order - white with beige leather interior. The purchase was put on hold pending a quality issue (Nissan reference PC243). I was told by my dealer today that it had something to do with "a piece of trim", and that parts have become available today and will be prioritized to cars that have been purchased.

I don't know the details of the QA issue with the "trim" but will report back as soon as I know.

·
Registered
1 Posts
I took delivery of my 14 PF (Mocha Stone, Almond interior) on 9 August 2013. After 2500 Km everything is still very well. Hope it stays that way.

·
Registered
1,259 Posts
chances are you'll be put on a waiting list but wont see one for a while. i would say you can try finding another dealer around but it might be the same situation.

·
Registered
7 Posts
To Texan: I was the guy posted the post on Nissan Pathfinder FB. Finally, I got my 14 PF on Oct 14, 2013. It's a long story. I got a word from Nissan Canada that they told dealers put on hold on certain models of 14 PF, mainly on almond colour interior on September 11. The dealer didn't disclose this info with me when I purchased on September 18. So, I complained this to OMVIC and Nissan Canada. Even a law suit! At the end, Nissan Canada sent parts to the dealer to fix its air bag issue at the first few days of October. The dealer reduced $ 3000.00 plus cross bars, rear bumper protective steel cover and a hitch type bike rack. Therefore, be aware of dealers!

·
Registered
76 Posts
I have a 14 PF on order - white with beige leather interior. The purchase was put on hold pending a quality issue (Nissan reference PC243). I was told by my dealer today that it had something to do with "a piece of trim", and that parts have become available today and will be prioritized to cars that have been purchased.

I don't know the details of the QA issue with the "trim" but will report back as soon as I know.
It's actually a documented TSB now.

Summary of NTB13091:
Nissan is conducting a voluntary safety recall campaign on certain model year 2014 Pathfinder vehicles with almond color interior. On some of the vehicles, the passenger front air bag cover tear seam inside the instrument panel may not have been manufactured to proper specification. To remedy this issue, Nissan will replace the instrument panel assembly at no charge to customers for parts and labor. Campaign ID #: PC243 See this bulletin for further detail.

Reactions: platinumbob
1 - 9 of 9 Posts