Nissan Pathfinder Forum banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
175 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
The petrol powered Pathfinder will get a pretty hefty price drop to under $40,000. This will allow it to better compete with rivals the Toyota Kluger and Ford Territory. The new Pathfinder will cost $500 less than the Kluger and will be priced equal to the Territory. The Pathfinder will come in three trim levels with the top level topping out at $64,890.

The Nissan Pathfinder will get a supercharged hybrid version sometime in the second quarter of 2014.

The Nissan Dualis will be replaced by the Nissan Qashqai, as it is already known in Europe and the Middle East. I'm not sure how to pronounce that. Anybody got an idea on that?

There will also be a new version of the Nissan X-Trail SUV with seven seats for the first time.

Finally, there will be a new sedan introduced into the 2014 model line-up. It is called the Nissan Pulsar SSS. It will be a sporty sedan that runs on a 1.6-liter turbo-charged 4-cylinder engine. It is also expected to be offered with both a manual and CVT automatic transmission.

·
Registered
440 Posts
The petrol powered Pathfinder will get a pretty hefty price drop to under $40,000. This will allow it to better compete with rivals the Toyota Kluger and Ford Territory. The new Pathfinder will cost $500 less than the Kluger and will be priced equal to the Territory. The Pathfinder will come in three trim levels with the top level topping out at $64,890.

The Nissan Pathfinder will get a supercharged hybrid version sometime in the second quarter of 2014.

The Nissan Dualis will be replaced by the Nissan Qashqai, as it is already known in Europe and the Middle East. I'm not sure how to pronounce that. Anybody got an idea on that?

There will also be a new version of the Nissan X-Trail SUV with seven seats for the first time.

Finally, there will be a new sedan introduced into the 2014 model line-up. It is called the Nissan Pulsar SSS. It will be a sporty sedan that runs on a 1.6-liter turbo-charged 4-cylinder engine. It is also expected to be offered with both a manual and CVT automatic transmission.
I assume that you are not located in North America, as the top end prices for Platinum models are closer to the low $40K, rather than the $64K that your article is quoting.

Very interesting that the hybrid is pushed back to next spring. Perhaps Nissan is finally learning their lesson about jumping the gun in releasing new technologies from their Pathfinder experiences.

"Qashqai"? Anyone selling any product that the locals can't pronounce is asking for poor sales. Hopefully that translates from a foreign language into something like "the vehicle with a CVT that does not judder".

·
Registered
341 Posts
"Qashqai"? Anyone selling any product that the locals can't pronounce is asking for poor sales. Hopefully that translates from a foreign language into something like "the vehicle with a CVT that does not judder".
LOL :D:D:D

On a side note, I just went to test drive the Acura MDX as a possible replacement for my PF that is officially a lemon now. I was asking the sales guy what kind of transmission the MDX had. He told me then stated emphatically that it does not have a CVT - he had heard Nissan was getting killed right now because of their faulty CVTs. I thought that was very interesting.

·
Registered
262 Posts
sounds like an Aussie article, is NA getting the Quasquai?

@cvjw have you checked out the Ford Explorer? Ecoboost is great on gas, plenty of pull and no CVT, its definitely on our shortlist. I'm not sure if i should congratulate you on your lemon Pathfinder or not :D:D:D LOL

·
Registered
192 Posts
With prices like that it may well be a Australian article.

I am very surprised by the choice of name for the new model. No one knows even where to start pronouncing "Qashqai" There are two too many 'Q's for how many 'U's there are.

I've also never heard of the Toyota Kluger before. Anybody know what that beast is?

·
Registered
341 Posts
@cvjw have you checked out the Ford Explorer? Ecoboost is great on gas, plenty of pull and no CVT, its definitely on our shortlist. I'm not sure if i should congratulate you on your lemon Pathfinder or not :D:D:D LOL
I actually had a Ford Explorer a few years ago and I swore it was the worst vehicle ever built because it had soooo many problems. And then I bought a Pathfinder.

·
Registered
21 Posts
sounds like an Aussie article, is NA getting the Quasquai?

Leased a 2011 explorer before buying the pathfinder, the ford is low end junk in comparison. The worst torque steer I've ever experienced and the my touch system is maddening. Interior quality is 20 years behind the pf. But yes, no CVT issue!

·
Registered
194 Posts
With prices like that it may well be a Australian article.

I am very surprised by the choice of name for the new model. No one knows even where to start pronouncing "Qashqai" There are two too many 'Q's for how many 'U's there are.

I've also never heard of the Toyota Kluger before. Anybody know what that beast is?

I would pronounce it "cash-kay"

·
Registered
3 Posts
Hello to all contemplating purchasing a 2014 Nissan Pathfinder. Don't! I live in San Antonio, TX and recently purchased a 2014 Pathfinder from Ancira Nissan. Prior to purchase, I told the salesperson my concerns about the Pathfinder shudder problems and she assured they were corrected and only the 2013's had problems...2500 miles later my 2014 Pathfinder has started to shudder. The problem is intermittent and has occurred several times within the last couple of months. The problem is NISSAN, despite knowledge of the problem, the dealer is claiming that they must duplicate the problem prior to fixing it...my thoughts are it's well documented and Nissan knows it, but refuses to correct it. Any opinions/advice concerning my options?

·
Registered
440 Posts
Hello to all contemplating purchasing a 2014 Nissan Pathfinder. Don't! I live in San Antonio, TX and recently purchased a 2014 Pathfinder from Ancira Nissan. Prior to purchase, I told the salesperson my concerns about the Pathfinder shudder problems and she assured they were corrected and only the 2013's had problems...2500 miles later my 2014 Pathfinder has started to shudder. The problem is intermittent and has occurred several times within the last couple of months. The problem is NISSAN, despite knowledge of the problem, the dealer is claiming that they must duplicate the problem prior to fixing it...my thoughts are it's well documented and Nissan knows it, but refuses to correct it. Any opinions/advice concerning my options?
Very simple answer: find a lemon law lawyer. Follow his/her advice to the letter (literally). Be prepared to go through possible arbitration, and Nissan will fold. My lawyer made it perfectly clear that Nissan's "if we can't reproduced it, then it does not exist" is a very old trick that does NOT hold up in arbitration or in a lawsuit.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts