Nissan Pathfinder Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
50 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
New Member here - took delivery of my Pathfinder last week. Arctic Blue Platinum 4x4. Had to factory order to get what I wanted - tough to get 4x4 in the south, even through I'm only 96 miles south of Smyrna, Tennessee. Too new to report on anything. First thing I did was have paint protection film (clear bra-style) applied to the front end - front bumper, hood, both fenders, both side mirrors. This is a complete job, no line half-way up the hood. My experience with the new paints, most recently a Lexus ES 350, is that the softer paints chip like crazy so I'm hoping to avoid that this time around.
I got the Pathfinder since I wanted a mid-size that will tow my 3800 lb boat/trailer rig. Not many new mid-size SUVs will tow over 3500 lbs anymore. I've pulled my boat with a 1998 Ford Explorer, a 2005 Pathfinder and a 2008 Chevy Tahoe Hybrid. We'll see how this one does after I break it in. I like it so far - got the owner's manual read and everything set up, so we shall see . . .

Attachments

·
Registered
1,206 Posts
Good choice on the clear bra. All japanese paints are prone to chips due to thin paint.

congrats on the new pathfinder.

now join us in our headlight and floor mat adventures.

·
Registered
120 Posts
Congrats on the new girl!

Did you cover the lamps too? Was it dealer install or did you do it in regards to the clear bra.

·
Registered
50 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
There's only one place in town that does paint protection - Freddie Louis Auto Accessories. They do a lot of high-end cars around town. They pulled a Porsche Turbo Carerra in behind mine. I did not do the headlights - I could replace them if necessary, or polish them up if they get bad.
Factory order took 6 weeks. I decided on the Pathfinder in early December and went to the dealership. I could get one "on the lot" at a discount of about $2500.00 below MSRP through my insurance company. The dealership found one in Pennsylvania they would bring in for MSRP +$1500 dealer trade fee +$1200 to transport. If I factory ordered, when it showed up it would be "on the lot" and I could get my no-haggle insurance company price. It was a no-brainer. By this time it was about 15 December and the dealership said they could only order the first 10 days of each month - no, doesn't make sense to me, but . . . So they ordered around 8 January. They gave me an expected delivery of the first week of March, but called on 20 February to say it was in. I picked it up and took it in for paint protection the next day.

·
Registered
82 Posts
Welcome to the forum. Congrats on getting the new Pathfinder. How do you like it compared to the SUV's you previously owned?

Keep us posted on what exactly you tow with it, curious what the Pathfinder can handle.

How often are you going to be towing/pulling things with it?

·
Registered
50 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Yeah, but I'm 90 miles from the factory and you are 2500. I did grow up in Lakewood/South Tacoma. Now I'm a "**** Yankee" transplant!

1 - 9 of 9 Posts