Nissan Pathfinder Forum banner
41 - 51 of 51 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
So, I'm about a week in with my new Pathfinder. I've been through the carwash twice and no issue. Are you pushing the "side" button on the shifter in when going to neutral? I believe that is the key. And then, at the end of the carwash, put your foot on the brake and shift down to drive (I don't think you have to hit the side button then). Same tricky thing with neutral in my '21 Hyundai Palisade with push-button shifting.

·
Registered
2022 Pathfinder SL
93 Posts
So, I'm about a week in with my new Pathfinder. I've been through the carwash twice and no issue. Are you pushing the "side" button on the shifter in when going to neutral? I believe that is the key. And then, at the end of the carwash, put your foot on the brake and shift down to drive (I don't think you have to hit the side button then). Same tricky think with neutral in my '21 Hyundai Palisade with push-button shifting.
Hi Malik, and thanks for your response. I thought (from reading the manual, and first hand experience), the button on the side of the shift knob/lever is strictly for moving the gear into reverse.
I have simply just moved the lever forward (from drive), or rearward (from reverse), to enter into neutral. I plan on going through the car wash (for the first time), tomorrow.
I appreciate you sharing what works for you!

·
Registered
2 Posts
I've had my 2022 Platinum for 5 mo. now and have had the transmission shift to Neutral once at a very long red light. The shifting was locked out until I stopped the car and re-started it.
HI this just happened to me this morning. Only had the car for 1 month today. I was at a light and it went into neutral and i had to restart the car to get back in drive. Did this happen again to you. I would hate for this to be a problem already. Should I take it into the dealer.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Hi, the same thing happened to me this morning. Had the car for 1 month today. I was at a light car went into neutral, some message shift something came up on the screen and I was stuck in neutral. I had to shut the car off and restart it. Did this keep happening to anyone, should I take it into the dealer for 1 time?

·
Registered
41 Posts
Hi, the same thing happened to me this morning. Had the car for 1 month today. I was at a light car went into neutral, some message shift something came up on the screen and I was stuck in neutral. I had to shut the car off and restart it. Did this keep happening to anyone, should I take it into the dealer for 1 time?
Definitely take it in to be documented. Next time it happens record everything so they can see and in case you have to use the Lemon Law down the road. Plus more reports more likely for Nissan to find a fix if there already isn't one.

·
Registered
2022 Pathfinder SL
93 Posts
This seems to be a troublesome issue for folks who have posted here.
I have my 2022 Pathfinder SL since 3/30/22.
I think I have (finally) figured out the 'shift to neutral' and how to do it safely and with confidence.
Between the owners manual, this website, the 'instructions tag' tied to the shifter knob when new, I figured out how to shift to neutral to then get out of the car and put it through a car wash.
Once you've been in the car and driving:
-shift to park
-from park, move the lever to "N" and hold for 0.5 seconds (a message will come on the dashboard about "neutral".
-shift to neutral again and hold for 0.5 seconds.
Bingo! - you will get another message that the car is now locked in neutral.
Mission accomplished!
There are several variations on this. For example, you can shift into neutral from any setting by moving the shift knob to neutral and holding it for 5 seconds.
However, to achieve the 'safe' neutral, and be confirmed by the car's system, you must do the shifting from the Park position.
That is what I have found through trial and error.
I do hope this helps!
Font Communication Device Event Mobile device Document

·
Registered
1 Posts
2022 Pathfinder
On a road trip with 2022 Pathfinder, it shifted into neutral on the interstate and the shift froze and car was stopped dead. We were lucky to not have been killed. Our trip is now delayed by days, we are in a hotel 3 hours from home. Nissan is working on a solution, the problem is not as yet diagnosed, it’s been 3 days. Anyone else having troubles with the 2022?
Well today mine won’t go in reverse we will see what they say

·
Registered
41 Posts
I've tried going towards R and going towards D and sometimes it works the first time sometimes the second time but it seems to work but you do have to hold the button on the side and move it towards either D or R twice while holding the button in quick succession. Again, why? Why make this so **** complicated.

·
Registered
2022 Pathfinder SL
93 Posts
I've tried going towards R and going towards D and sometimes it works the first time sometimes the second time but it seems to work but you do have to hold the button on the side and move it towards either D or R twice while holding the button in quick succession. Again, why? Why make this so **** complicated.
This is the weirdest thing, CGMAX. I have been following the tag instructions I posed in comment #46 (above), and it generally works, most of the time! I have not had to use the button on the side of the gear shift knob. However, sometimes I try it without using the PARK feature (as they instructed), and it works this way, too, sometimes.
My main concern is the car wash attendants. I cannot imagine they have seen that many 2022 Pathfinders, or even the equivalent 2021 or 2022 Rogues, with the same configuration!!

·
Registered
41 Posts
This is the weirdest thing, CGMAX. I have been following the tag instructions I posed in comment #46 (above), and it generally works, most of the time! I have not had to use the button on the side of the gear shift knob. However, sometimes I try it without using the PARK feature (as they instructed), and it works this way, too, sometimes.
My main concern is the car wash attendants. I cannot imagine they have seen that many 2022 Pathfinders, or even the equivalent 2021 or 2022 Rogues, with the same configuration!!
It's definitely erratic at best

41 - 51 of 51 Posts