Nissan Pathfinder Forum banner
1 - 20 of 51 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
2022 Pathfinder
On a road trip with 2022 Pathfinder, it shifted into neutral on the interstate and the shift froze and car was stopped dead. We were lucky to not have been killed. Our trip is now delayed by days, we are in a hotel 3 hours from home. Nissan is working on a solution, the problem is not as yet diagnosed, it’s been 3 days. Anyone else having troubles with the 2022?

·
Administrator
2013 Pathfinder SL, Connecticut, USA
4,968 Posts
Oh no! Here we go again. And we thought that the Pathfinder transmission troubles were behind us! Thank god you are safe. Please keep us informed of your progress with Nissan. I hope they are paying for your accommodations while they figure this out.

Reactions: MikeZ

·
Registered
2022 Nissan Pathfinder SV 4WD
8 Posts
2022 Pathfinder
On a road trip with 2022 Pathfinder, it shifted into neutral on the interstate and the shift froze and car was stopped dead. We were lucky to not have been killed. Our trip is now delayed by days, we are in a hotel 3 hours from home. Nissan is working on a solution, the problem is not as yet diagnosed, it’s been 3 days. Anyone else having troubles with the 2022?
I've had mine for a week now with no issues so far thankfully. Glad y'all are okay and get it fixed soon.

·
Registered
9 Posts
That’s scary! Thank goodness nothing happened to you and your family. I’ve had my 22 Pathfinder for three weeks now, and drove it in the highway with no such issues.

·
Registered
1 Posts
2022 Pathfinder
I just purchased my pathfinder about a month ago. I had the same problem with it going into neutral while driving. The dealership can’t identify the problem, so I’m hoping you can tell me what was yours?

·
Registered
2019 Nissan Pathfinder SV 4x4
1,423 Posts
I was going to say I'm not buying this one hit wonder of a thread at all. How does a car come to a dead stop by itself in neutral?

Then we had a another report of it. @2022finder please keep us updated if you can.

·
Registered
4 Posts
2022 Pathfinder
I just purchased a 2022 pathfinder, my car went into neutral while I was drive too. It wouldn’t go back into drive so I had to shut off car and was able to drive it that way. A few days passed but while I was driving, the engine started to over rev and the car wouldn’t go anywhere. I had to tow the car to Nissan but there trying to figure out what’s wrong with it. Any advice?

·
Registered
2019 Nissan Pathfinder SV 4x4
1,423 Posts
I'm assuming these new 2022's use shift by wire like much of the rest of the Nissan line today. I've only driven my in-law's 2021 Rogue a few times, but I haven't gotten used to that joystick style shifter. This problem sounds like it's something related to that.

I wonder if these slam themselves into park if you try swinging the door open while backing up a trailer or the likes w/ your seat belt off. The shift by wire dial shifter on my Ram 1500 will do this.

·
Registered
2022 Pathfinder S 2WD
4 Posts
I'm assuming these new 2022's use shift by wire like much of the rest of the Nissan line today. I've only driven my in-law's 2021 Rogue a few times, but I haven't gotten used to that joystick style shifter. This problem sounds like it's something related to that.

I wonder if these slam themselves into park if you try swinging the door open while backing up a trailer or the likes w/ your seat belt off. The shift by wire dial shifter on my Ram 1500 will do this.
I just got a 2022 Pathfinder and noticed when i opened the door while in reverse to check something it went right into park

·
Registered
2 Posts
I just purchased my pathfinder about a month ago. I had the same problem with it going into neutral while driving. The dealership can’t identify the problem, so I’m hoping you can tell me what was yours?
I bought my 2022 Pathfinder SV 4 wheel drive 3 months ago and for the last 2 months nothing but transmission and idling issues. The first start up of the day it rough idles and loud like exhaust has holes in it for about 10 minutes. After you get past that issue of the day, now you have to deal with the transmission issues. When you stop you never know if it's going to move or jerk your neck out of place, when coasting on a downgrade it sounds like and feels like your are riding the hwy rumble strip. To stop it you have to accel . The longer I have owned it the more frequent the transmission problems show themselves. My local dealer had it for 2 weeks and said it all was normal until I informed them I'm a Master ASE certified mechanic and by no means is anything normal about it. Then I was instructed to just drive it and the issues should clear up?????? I paid 50k freaking dollars for this POS and basically I was told to deal with it which I did!!!!!. Next call was to Nissan Corp. After 3 weeks of phone tag and played down, they have now realized there is a big issue and what me to bring the vehicle to them to headquarters in Franklin, Tennessee. Thank God I live 20 minutes away. From my understanding of they can't fix it without replacing the transmission they will replace it with the exact model and color I own. Will keep you posted

·
Registered
4 Posts
I bought my 2022 Pathfinder SV 4 wheel drive 3 months ago and for the last 2 months nothing but transmission and idling issues. The first start up of the day it rough idles and loud like exhaust has holes in it for about 10 minutes. After you get past that issue of the day, now you have to deal with the transmission issues. When you stop you never know if it's going to move or jerk your neck out of place, when coasting on a downgrade it sounds like and feels like your are riding the hwy rumble strip. To stop it you have to accel . The longer I have owned it the more frequent the transmission problems show themselves. My local dealer had it for 2 weeks and said it all was normal until I informed them I'm a Master ASE certified mechanic and by no means is anything normal about it. Then I was instructed to just drive it and the issues should clear up?????? I paid 50k freaking dollars for this POS and basically I was told to deal with it which I did!!!!!. Next call was to Nissan Corp. After 3 weeks of phone tag and played down, they have now realized there is a big issue and what me to bring the vehicle to them to headquarters in Franklin, Tennessee. Thank God I live 20 minutes away. From my understanding of they can't fix it without replacing the transmission they will replace it with the exact model and color I own. Will keep you posted

·
Registered
4 Posts
I’m at the dealership now and they explained to me an engineer from Tennessee will be flying out to inspect it and they will be replacing parts but they don’t know what exactly is wrong. The service advisor said they test drove the car and it went into reverse and would only go into neutral. A class action lawsuit will probably be happening with all these problem on new pathfinders. This is a big headache for me. I feel ripped off because I just purchased this and fell in love. I should have just kept my 2020 pathfinder.

·
Registered
41 Posts
I’m at the dealership now and they explained to me an engineer from Tennessee will be flying out to inspect it and they will be replacing parts but they don’t know what exactly is wrong. The service advisor said they test drove the car and it went into reverse and would only go into neutral. A class action lawsuit will probably be happening with all these problem on new pathfinders. This is a big headache for me. I feel ripped off because I just purchased this and fell in love. I should have just kept my 2020 pathfinder.
Any update on this?
Thanks

·
Registered
41 Posts
FWIW, this issue hasn’t appeared on Honda Pilot forums and they have had the transmission since the 2016 model year.

Is this happening on 2wd and 4wd
That's reassuring. Looking at the Pathfinder and Highlander and this is something that has me a little nervous. The Highlander has its own issues with transmission and wind noise.

·
Registered
16 Posts
The transmission is one of the things we have not had any issues with so far. Your post is very concerning.....

1 - 20 of 51 Posts