Nissan Pathfinder Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2017 Nissan Pathfinder SL
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello everyone I’ve been looking through the forum and have seen lots of great information pertaining to Nissan ownership.

I purchased my first ever Nissan, a 17 Pathfinder SL a few months back with 57,000kms and overall like the vehicle. I come from a history of owning Dodge and still have a Ram 1500 half ton but I simply couldn’t pass up the deal on the Pathfinder so I decided to give the brand a try. That said I still love my Mopar and you won’t change that perspective lol.

I will say after only the first few months of ownership I discovered the heater would squeal between certain heating temperature ranges. The dealership diagnosed the problem as being an issue with the heater box. Quite an intense repair which involved removing the dash which, for obvious reasons I was not too happy about. Fortunately the previous owner had purchased the extended 4 year comprehensive warranty which was transferred to me when I purchased the vehicle.

A very big thanks to Nissan, they took care of the costs of the repair which would have otherwise run me close to $1,000 bucks. I now have my vehicle back and I can only hope that’s the end to any major problems for the foreseeable future. Comforting to know at least for my first experience with Nissan warranty they looked after me. Very important in keeping a loyal customer base.

·
Super Moderator
2013 Pathfinder SL, Connecticut, USA
4,396 Posts
to the forum!

·
Registered
2019 Nissan Pathfinder SV 4x4
681 Posts
Unfortunately weird HVAC concerns seem to happen with the 2013+ Pathfinders. Good thing is, although the dash needs to basically come out, some vehicles you have to take the seats and front doors off these days (newer Ford Escapes for instance). $1000 is a ton of money to me, but is cheap, especially in Canadian $$$$ for this type of work.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts